Do you follow other stamper’s blogs? I love to jump down that rabbit hole with a cup of coffee and browse what other people are creating. Sometimes when I see an interesting card, I’ll sketch the layout, note the person’s name or blog and then recreate their layout when my mind goes blank.
Today’s post is one of those. This card sketch came from Francis Martin’s blog and I just thought it would be fun to create it in my own style and color. I love the way it came together…
Isn’t that a clever layout…a Z-Fold card with a band that Z-Folds the opposite direction. Here is what it looks like when closed…
I posted another Z-Fold card earlier this week here. They are so simple to make and offer a base card that can be decorated in many ways. Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits just in case you want to give this card layout a try…
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Hello Honey, Cajun Craze, Pool Party, Basic Black and Mossy Meadow cardstock plus Botanical Blooms DSP
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Suite Sayings and Rose Wonder (sentiments)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Botanical Builder Framelits Dies and Rose Garden Thinlets.
- The Very Vanilla base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored and folded at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- The two Hello Honey panels art 2 5/8″ x 4 1/8″ attached to card base with adhesive
- The two DSP panels are 2 1/2″ x 4″ attached over Hello Honey panels with adhesive
- The Very Vanilla panel for the inside sentiment is 2″ x 3 1/2″ stamped with Basic Black and attached to inside panel with adhesive
- The Hello Honey band is 1″ x 11″ scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″. Attach band to base card with adhesive to the front panel, fold the 5 1/2″ score out and the 2 3/4″ score in and attach to base card with adhesive
- Stamp Happy Birthday is Basic Black on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut with framelit from Rose Garden Thinlets. Attach to card with dimensionals.
- Cut out three different colors flowers with contrasting flowers and centers. Layer with dimensionals and glue dots. Add cut out leaves in Mossy Meadow on card base first and then flowers one on front panel, one at 5 1/2″ score on band and one over sentiment at back of card base.
This is a fun and different card…you’ve got to try it in any colors that match your DSP on hand.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Just one more day with my daughter before she starts her return to South Korea. We plan to make the most of the day.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hope you are inky and HaPpY too!