Do you FaceTime or Skype with someone who is away? How cool is that? Some of you know my daughter is in South Korea with her husband who was posted there a year ago it seems to me…but in reality it has only been a little over three months. Being able to see them and talk to them almost every day is such a blessing. I could tell is something was wrong by the tone of her voice, but it sure is nice to get to see her face every day!
Today’s post is a personal favorite just for the color combination. See what you think…
Love yellow and black combinations. And I used my favorite stamping technique…masking. Then my signature Linen Thread bow. So I left the sentiment off, choosing to wait until the occasion comes up and I’ll add “whatever”. This card would be great for birthday, thank you or sympathy I think.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Dijon Delight and Whisper White cardstock, plus Neutrals Color Collection DSP (Love!)
- Ink: Memento Black, Dijon Delight and Cucumber Crush, plus Early Express (background splats)
- Stamps: You’ve Got This
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Aqua Painter
Digits ‘N Directions
- The Dijon Delight base card is 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The DSP layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The first Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The second DSP layer I 2 7/8″ x 3 7/8″
- The Whisper White layer is 2 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Attach the larger DSP layer to the card front with adhesive
- Center the smaller Whisper White layer over the larger layer with adhesive you have taken most of the sticky off with you fingers and stamp the first flower in Memento Black. Mask the leaves and stems of this image before stamping you second flower a little lower and to the right of the first flower. Be sure your flower extends to the second layer and you hold your stamp down long enough to let the ink soak into the paper especially where they overlap.
- While these two layers are still stuck together, use your Aqua Painter and paint your flowers with a light touch in Dijon Delight. Once dry, touch here and there with more ink to shade areas that might be darker. Repeat with stems in Cucumber Crush.
- Now layer your smaller Whisper White with the DSP. Add the larger Whisper White to the card front with adhesive.
- Crisscross your Linen Thread on the lower portion of the smaller Whisper White layer and add to card front. Gorgeous!
- If you don’t know how to make this Linen Thread bow, check out my YouTube video here.
- After the card front was finished, I used the Aqua Painter loaded with water and Early Express and splatted the front of the card. You might like it pristine, but I like splats.
Hope you are enjoying a fantastic weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by. Remember you can order any of these supplies from me by clicking on the catalog photo in the column to the right of this post. Orders are very much appreciated. If you ever have any questions, drop me a comment and I’ll try to help.
Here is your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!