On a regular basis cards are made and sent to my sister who suffers with Alzheimer’s Disease. She has been in a care facility for over five years now. She is such a beautiful person inside and out. She will enjoy this one…
How sweet is she? Because this is so visual and something she will recognize, I know she will love it.
This card showcases the Affectionately Yours Designer Series Paper…lots of fun to work with. And you can see the coordinating Washi Tape holder…holds the tape perfectly! Got this idea from Sam Hammond earlier this week.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Watermelon Wonder and Whisper White Cardstock, plus Affectionately Yours DSP
- Ink: Soft Suede, Basic Black
- Stamps: Playful Palette and Thoughtful Banners
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Duet Banner Punch
- The Crumb Cake base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Watermelon Wonder layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached to card front with adhesive.
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″ attached to Watermelon Wonder layer with adhesive
- The first vertical layer is Crumb Cake measuring 2 1/4″ x 5 3/8″ attached with adhesive to card front just right of the left edge of card.
- The next vertical DSP layer is 2 1/8″ x 5 1/4″ attached to the vertical Crumb Cake layer with adhesive.
- The second smaller vertical Crumb Cake layer is 1 5/8″ x 3 5/8″ attached to card front overlapping first vertical layer centered top to bottom and set over 1/2″ to right.
- Stamp the artist easel on Crumb Cake cardstock with Soft Suede ink and “fussy cut”. The photo was cut 2″ square with a 2″ square of fun foam glued to back and then to easel frame. Add easel to card front tilted to left.
- Stamp Banner with Soft Suede on Very Vanilla cardstock and add sentiment. Then punch with Duet Banner Punch. Also punch a Crumb Cake and Watermelon Wonder banner. Glue together and then attach to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside there is a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ layer of Watermelon Wonder with a Very Vanilla layer 3 3/8″ x 4 3/8″ attached with adhesive. I used the sentiment “Our friendship is a work of art!”
So maybe this will add a little ray of sunshine for her this week…she deserves all she can get.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
all. the. time…
I’ll be HaPpY today ’cause I’m inky!