Next week “the Littles” will be here for a little over a week. One of the summer activities they love is catching lightening bugs. You see, they don’t seem to have them in Florida so to them it is a novelty. Every evening they ask several times…”Is it time yet?” I tell them there is a magic time when you can catch them. And every night we all have stinky hands from handling lightening bugs into a jar.
In honor of that summer fun…
Here’s a detail shot…
I tried to catch the Gold Wink of Stella. I think they will love this interactive shaker card.
With the introduction of the Adhesive Strips, making shaker cards is a walk in the park…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Night of Navy Cardstock, plus In Color Designer Series Paper Stacks, Flirty Flamingo
- Ink: Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight and Soft Sky
- Stamps: Jar of Love
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Night of Navy Solid Baker’s Twine, Window sheet, Everyday Jars Framelits, Gold Wink of Stella
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- The Night of Navy layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The smaller Night of Navy layer is 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8′
- The top Whisper White layer is 3″ x 4″. Cut jar from this layer with framelit. Cut a piece of Window Sheet and glue to back of this layer with multipurpose glue. On scrap of Whisper White stamp jar lid in Smoky Slate and cut out with framelit. Add Night of Navy Baker’s Twine and tie bow. Add jar lid over window sheet with dimensionals.
- On a scrap of Whisper White smaller than the top Whisper White layer, stamp jar. Add Soft Sky around edges with Aqua Painter.
- Add Adhesive Strip to back of window sheet following jar outline.
- Stamp 12 lightening bugs on scrap Whisper White. Color wings with Soft Sky and body with Daffodil Delight. Add Gold Wink of Stella to body for shimmer. Glue two bugs together to make six two-sided lightening bugs. Add bugs inside jar outline on scrap. Add Adhesive Strip around edges of top Whisper White. Lay the Whisper White layer over the stamped jar with bugs inside then add Night of Navy layer on back. With multipurpose glue add all layers at an angle to card front.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap Whisper White and trip and tag one end. Cut a Night of Navy scrap piece slightly larger and glue together with multipurpose glue. Tag end of Night of Navy to match top layer. Add sentiment with dimensionals or a strip of adhesive to top right corner of jar layer at an angle.
- Inside there is a 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ DSP layer with a 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ layer of Whisper White
I can’t wait to show “the Littles” this jar of lightening bugs…maybe we won’t need to wait for that magic time and get our hands all stinky. Fat chance!
Sweetums has arrived in South Korea and attended a dinner where he made friends…
He says this dinner reminded him of all the Chamber of Commerce dinners we used to attend…
Posing with our son-in-love…
And a shot with Jay and Kelly, our daughter.
He is tired from all the travel but having a great adventure.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
love this one!
I’m so inky…and HaPpY!