Now here’s a challenge I can jump right into…no Quick & Clean today. Designer’s Choice!
Unlimited, layers, embellishments and techniques…right up my alley.
So here’s what happened…
Oh…this was fun to make. It could have been a shaker card, but that thought didn’t come until everything was put together. It is a good thought though.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock plus watercolor paper and vellum cardstock for butterfly
- Ink: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Crisp Cantaloupe, Memento Black
- Stamps: Basic Butterfly
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Square Framelits, Window Sheet, Basic Pearls, Gold Thread from Metallic Baker’s Twine, Butterfly Framelits, Spring Flowers Embossing Folder, black and white sheet of foam
- The Melon Mambo base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Blushing Bride layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Starting with the first two layers, cut the white foam sheet (trimmed to 4 x 5 1/4″) and Blushing Bride layer with the third largest square framelit.
- Emboss the Blushing Bride layer with the Spring Flower EF and glue to the white foam sheet. Trim any foam that may be showing around edges.
- Stamp a collage on the top half of the Whisper White layer with the Basic Butterfly stamp set in Melon Mambo, Blushing Bridge, Daffodil Delight and Memento Black.
- Place the Whisper White layer on the card front with adhesive.
- Glue the foam and Blushing Bride layer next.
- Cut a black foam piece and a Basic Black cardstock with the #2 and #3 square framelit to make a frame.
- Cut a piece of window sheet with the #2 framelit and glue to black foam frame, then glue black cardstock to top of window sheet.
- Now glue this “frame” to the Blushing Bride layer
- Punch out a vellum cardstock butterfly with framelit.
- I had a piece of watercolor paper on my desk with the Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo colors on it that I cut the base butterfly from. Just wet the paper and drop colors with a wet brush and let them run together and dry.
- Stamp the smaller butterfly with Memento Black on Vellum cardstock and cut out with framelit.
- Add the vellum butterfly to the watercolor butterfly with dimensional, then the smaller butterfly with glue dots, then the Basic Pearls.
- Before adding the butterfly to the frame with glue dots, pull the gold thread from the Baker’s Twine and add it to the window with a couple of glue dots.
- I purposely didn’t add a sentiment for this obviously “girly” card because it could be used for several different occasions.
- Decorate a Whisper White panel for the inside and the envelope to coordinate with the card front and don’t forget your personalized stamp on the card back.
Here’s a side view where you can see the gold thread and window…
You are invited to play along this week with your creation. Go to Canyoucaseit.com and play along…you have until Friday at noon!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…