Today’s CYCI Challenge is a color challenge…Crumb Cake, Black and Blushing Bride. You are more than welcome to play along by going to Canyoucaseit.com and linking your art file before Friday, June 12th at noon.
Here’s my card for this challenge…
And here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this card…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride and Basic Black cardstock, Newsprint DSP
- Ink: Memento Black, Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Pear Pizazz
- Stamps: Basic Butterfly
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Sequins, Blushing Bride 5/8″ Seam Binding, Embossing Folder (any), Linen Thread
Digits ‘N Directions
- The Crumb Cake base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Basic Black layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The Newsprint DSP layer if 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- The embossed Blushing Bride layer is 1 1/2″ x 5 1/8″
- The second Basic Black layer is 4″ x 3″
- The Blushing Bride layer is 3 7/8″ x 2 7/8″
- The DSP layer is 3 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Layer with adhesive the large Basic Black layer, large DSP layer and embossed Blushing Bride layer.
- Add Blushing Bride seam binding at top of all three layers and then to card front with adhesive.
- Make bow and tie with Linen Thread. Attach to card front with glue dots.
- Stamp flower image and sentiment on DSP in Memento Black.
- Color with markers, Blender Pen or Aqua Painter.
- Adhere with adhesive the small Basic Black layer, Blushing Bride and DSP stamped layer. Add to card front with dimensionals.
Hope you enjoyed seeing how I chose to interpret this color challenge and you will be inspired to play along.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Let’s get ridiculously inky…and Be HaPpY!