Today’s card is for a really special couple celebrating 50 years of marriage. I so enjoyed making this card for them…
and here’s the inside…
I love making cards for any occasion, but something magical happens when I make a card with someone special in mind. All the memories and experiences we’ve shared over the years are built into the card using paper, ink, bling (of course!) and sticking it all together with Glue Dots!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you just in case you need an anniversary or wedding card…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White (I love this paper!)
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry and Smoky Slate
- Stamps: En Francias (retired, background), Gorgeous Grunge (background), Birthday Blooms and Timeless Love (sentiment and small flowers)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Daffodil Delight 5/8″ Seam Binding, Distressing Tool for paper edges, Linen Thread, Gold Wind of Stella
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/8″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The first Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp background in Smoky Slate and over stamps with Daffodil Delight and Gorgeous Grunge splat stamp. Distress edges and attach to card front with SNAIL.
- The second smaller Thick Whisper White layer is 2-3/4″ x 4″. Stamp sentiment in Smoky Slate. The border was hand drawn with Smoky Slate marker small end. Add to card front with Adhesive Strips or double dimensionals. Both large and small flowers were stamped on scrap Thick Whisper White and colored with Daffodil Delight Reinker dropped in stamp pad lid. Use Aqua Painter and water to apply ink to flowers. Add Crushed Curry to centers. Maybe leave the flipped edges in a lighter shade. Add Crushed Curry at petal bases. Fussy cut large and small flowers. Use the large end of your stylus or anything with a round smooth surface and work the back of these flowers lying on your sponge mat to break down fibers and give a rounded effect from the front. Add double dimensionals to the back. Gold Wink of Stella was added to flower centers. Stamp the entire large flower on scrap Thick Whisper White in Smoky Slate and fussy cut. Add painted flower on top with double dimensionals the add both layers to card front.
- Make triple loops with ribbon and tie off in center with Linen Thread. Add at base of larger flower with Glue Dots. There are glue dots at the ribbon ends too to hold them in place. The edges were frayed to repeat paper distressing.
- Inside the Thick Whisper White layer is 2-3/4″ x 4″ with distressed edges. Add sentiment in Smoky Slate. The small flowers were stamped on scrap, colored with Aqua Painter leaving leaves unpainted like the card front. Fibers were also broken down from back to give rounded effect. Add to card with double dimensionals.
I really love this card, but I’ll be honest with you…it’s the second one I made. The first got chopped up and some of the pieces were used on this one. I just thought the first one looked too plain. If I were to make this one again, I might place a layer of Daffodil Delight behind the first layer to just peek out a smidge…what do you think?
Yesterday I had one of my biggest classes ever and did we ever have fun! There were three “newbies” in the group, but they weren’t “newbies” for long. My seasoned stampers drew them under their angel wings and guided them through their first class. They did amazing because I can tell you we didn’t do “beginner” projects. So fun watching someone stamp for the first time…never gets old to me!
Hope you are having the best day and something you’ve seen here today inspires you in your own creative journey…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Let’s be HaPpY with inky fingers!