Today’s card is cozy and rustic with evergreens and berries and satin bows and sequins…
Right? A little rustic and then throw in the bling. Here’s a peek at the inside verse…
Love this verse.
Putting rustic edges and woodgrain against pieces that are more formal like satin ribbon and sequins is one of my favorite things to do when planning a new card…it works for me!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits in case it works for you too…
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Real Red, Whisper White and Pear Pizazz Cardstock.
- Ink: Soft Suede
- Stamps: Hang Your Stocking and Holly Berry Happiness (sentiments), Woodgrain (background) and Timeless Textures (background)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, 5/8″ Gold Satin Ribbon, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits (wreath), Pretty Pines Thinlits (pine boughs and white mistletoe and Flourish Thinlits (red berries), sequins
- The Very Vanilla base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Soft Suede layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The first Very Vanilla layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp woodgrain background in Soft Suede, add Timeless Textures border around edges. Rough up all edges then attach over Soft Suede layer with SNAIL or Multipurpose Glue.
- The second Very Vanilla layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″. Repeat background steps from previous layer. Cut wreath from Soft Suede with Swirly Scribbles Thinlit and attach with small amount of Multipurpose Glue or Thin Tip Glue. Cut five pine boughs from Pear Pizazz. Pick a point at left center and add a blob of Multipurpose Glue. Set three pine boughs toward the bottom center and two boughs toward the top center. Cut two red berry stems and set with Multipurpose glue one top and one bottom. Cut two white mistletoe and add one to top and one to bottom.
- Make bow by looping sating ribbon four times and tying off in center with Linen Thread. Attach at left center with Multipurpose Glue or Glue Dots. Add several sequins here and there. Add sentiment in Soft Suede under wreath. Distress all side edges. Attach to card front with Adhesive Strips.
- Inside the Soft Suede layer is 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Very Vanilla layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Add sentiment in Soft Suede and attach to Very Vanilla with SNAIL.
I have some 5/8″ silver satin ribbon and thinking about making one of these in Whisper White and silver and grey. Sounds pretty but we’ll see.
Gorgeous fall day here in Tennessee…still no rain though. Not whining, these new cooler temps are awesome!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Let’s be HaPpY and inky together!