Today I have another Christmas card for you done with two-step stamping on water color paper…
Love this color combination!
In this close up you can see the sparkle of the Clear Wink of Stella on the berries.
Some Lemon Lime Twist splatters and tiny black sequins finish this piece.
And a peek inside too.
Honestly, this card would not be hard to mass produce. I don’t like to mass produce any cards, but this one wouldn’t be hard at all.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock, plus water color paper
- Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive, Rose Red, Cherry Cobbler, Powder Pink, Real Red and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Good Tidings
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Clear Wind of Stella, Black Mini Sequins, 7/8″ Striped Ribbon, water spritzer, Black Micron Pen
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. Attach a piece of 7/8″ Striped Ribbon around the bottom of this layer before adding to the card front with multipurpose glue. Weight this layer to dry to be sure it is secure.
- The water color paper is 4″ square. Spritz paper to dampen and stamp first layer of holly leaves in Lemon Lime Twist. Stamp first layer holly berries in Rose Red. Tilt the water color paper and let the color run. Once dry, stamp the detail of the holly leaves in Lemon Lime Twist and Old Olive. Stamp the berries in Cherry Cobbler.
- Add splats with Lemon Lime Twist marker by flipping the tip against the lid top over the paper.
- Add three Mini Black Sequins with multipurpose glue.
- Make some squiggle lines here and there with Black Micron Pen.
- Add sentiment in Archival Basic Black.
- Add this water color layer to card front with multipurpose glue and weight with a couple of blocks until glue is dried.
- Inside the Lemon Lime Twist layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ added to card with SNAIL.
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ attached with SNAIL.
- Stamp small holly image in Lemon Lime Twist and Old Olive and the berries in Powder Pink and Real Red.
- That small holly sprig would look great on the envelope too!
This day got started in a great way with a yoga class, a little pumpkin spice latte, some house work and now “pee-doodling” in my studio. Can’t wait til after dinner and settle down with a book I’m reading that keeps me thinking about it all day…The Black Widow.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!