This will be a quick post today because my family (son from Florida and daughter from South Korea) have surprised me for my birthday and showed up in my driveway this morning! Totally surprised…
But I wanted to post this pretty winter bird scene for you today…
Isn’t that soft and pretty…just like a fresh snow in the morning before anything tracks it up.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White
- Ink: Blushing Bride, Real Red, Basic Black and Soft Sky
- Stamps: Christmas Pines (sentiment), Thoughtful Branches (bird)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Halloween Scenes Edgelits, Gently Falling Embossing Folder, sponges and Clear Wink of Stella, Thoughtful Branches Thinlit
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″.
- The top layer of Thick Whisper White is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Sponge Sky Blue then Blushing Bride for background color. Stamp sentiment in top right corner in Basic Black. Run through Big Shot with Gently Falling EF.
- Cut tree from Thick Whisper White and attach to sponged layer with Multipurpose Glue. Sponge lightly at bottom of tree with Sky Blue.
- Cut a piece of 4″ x 2″ Thick Whisper White. Tear one edge. Sponge with Sky Blue and attach on top of tree layer with Multipurpose Glue. Add Clear Wink of Stella to tree and torn edge.
- Stamp bird in Real Red on Whisper White scrap and cut with Thoughtful Branches Thinlit. Add to card front with dimensional. Use journaling pen to make a few seeds in the snow.
- Add top layer to card front with dimensionals.
- The inside has a layer of Thick Whisper White 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ sponged Sky Blue at the bottom, stamp bird with Real Red and embossed with Gently Falling EF just at the bottom. Attach to card with Multipurpose Glue.
I saw this idea from Becky at Inking Idaho, but changed the orientation from landscape to portrait, colors and sentiment. But the original idea is hers. Thanks Becky!
Hope you are planning a great weekend. I will be having the best time ever with my family. Can you believe it?
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I doubt I’ll be inky this weekend…but I’ll be HaPpY!