This may look like a child’s shaker card (and it could be and nongender specific too) but actually I’d love to get this cute card. Owls are a favorite…
Awww…owls are just too cute. Here’s the inside too…
This little shaker card was really fun to make. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango and Cucumber Crush
- Ink: Basic Black, Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party and Cucumber Crush
- Stamps: Playful Pals, Blooming Birthday (inside sentiment), Watercolor Wings (front sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Balloon Bouquet Punch, Bermuda Bay Bakers Twine, Pyramid Pals Thinlets, Crystal Effects, Polaroid Frame Framelit (retired), Fun Foam, Window Sheet, Sequins
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- With an “E” acrylic block paint the surface with Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party and Cucumber Crush. Spray with water and place at an angle on card front. Press for a few seconds to give the ink time to be absorbed.
- Cut frame from Thick Whisper White cardstock and white fun foam. Glue a piece of Window Sheet to back of cardstock then glue fun foam over window sheet. Place sequins on card front and glue frame at an angle opposite the stamped block. If you don’t have the photo frame you could cut a rectangle 3 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ then use a square framelit 3 1/8″ or an exacto knife. There’s always a way!
- Stamp the owl body in Soft Suede on Crumb Cake, add chest feathers stamp. Cut feet (frog) and beak from Tangerine Tango. Trim feet and glue to back. Glue one side of beak. Stamp eyes on Whisper White, cut with framelit and add to owl with dimensionals.
- Make sentiment tag and add to card front.
- Punch balloons. Add two with glue and one with dimensionals. Tie three pieces of Bakers Twine together and use glue dots to add to card front.
- Inside there is another colored acrylic block with a 2 1/2″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White added with adhesive. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black. Add another balloon with Bakers Twine.
There are a few more animals that would work well with this type of card using the Playful Pal Set. I’ll be sure to share them with you…
There are several projects in various stages of being finished on top of every table in the studio to get to this afternoon, plus kits to be made for classes this weekend…so I’m off!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Well…that answers that question.
Are your fingers inky?…come play with me and Be HaPpY!