Can it be even possible that someone who weighed a little over three pounds at birth could be turning nine years old already? It would seem so…and a special birthday card is in order…
here’s another view…
and the message goes here…
She will love this card and how it stands up. Would you like the Stuff ‘N Digits?…
Here you go…
- Paper: Birthday Bouquet DSP, Watermelon Wonder, Thick Whisper White and Mint Macaron cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Number of Years and Greatest Greetings (yay you)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Large Numbers Framelits, It’s My Party Birthday Dots, Thick Baker’s Twine, Circle Framelits, Word Punch and fun foam
- Cut the box base 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and score at 2 1/8″, 4 1/4″ and 6 3/8″. Burnish all score lines. Cut a strip of same cardstock 1″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 1/2″ line. Burnish this piece.
- Cut 4 Watermelon Wonder panels 5 1/4″ x 1 7/8″. Attach with glue or adhesive to all four panels on base.
- Cut 1 Whisper White piece of cardstock 5″ x 1 5/8″. Attach to second panel from right side of base with glue or adhesive.
- Cut 3 DSP panels 5″ x 1 5/8″ and attach over Watermelon Wonder cardstock with glue or adhesive.
- Take the base cardstock strip (1″ x 5 1/2″) and glue half of the strip to one end panel with glue. Add glue to the other half of strip and fold card base over to attach. You should now be able to fold flat or open to make a box.
- Cut you number from coordinating DSP and from fun foam and glue together. Cut two circles from cardstock 2 1/2″ and 2″. Glue together and add number with fun foam close to the bottom of circles. Add enamel dots and make a small pom-pom from Thick Baker’s Twine. Punch two holes close together on the circle and tie the pom-pom on.
- Stamp the “Look Who’s Turning” in Basic Black on Thick Whisper White. Use your circle framelits, one larger at top and one smaller underneath to cut out sentiment. Tag each end with snips and attach to circle with dimensional.
- Punch 2 (1″) circles and score in a line at center. Add glue to one side and place this side in the center of your number circle on the back. Do the same thing to your other 1″ circle and glue on back next to the other circle. You should be able to make these two circles to fold over themselves. Add glue to both sides and place the fold of the card base in the center of these two circles. One half of each circle should be attached to a panel. This will allow the card to open and close without the large circle moving.
- Stamp Yay, You! sentiment on Whisper White and punch with Word Punch. I have this sentiment layered over two pieces of cardstock punched with a retired punch and attached to card front with dimensional.
- Stamp Whisper White panel with your happy birthday sentiment. And add your personal message.
This card can be folded flat to be mailed in a regular envelope. I found it helpful to cut all my pieces first…assemble the base card then make the circle sentiment and attach. Once you’ve made this card, you realize it’s really simple. I see more of this type of card in my future.
If you’ve never made one of these type cards…take a jump out of your box and see all the possibilities with this design.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!