Navy and white is such a classic color combination and when I saw the designs in the new Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper there was an “a-ha” moment for me. The fact that there is a stamp set AND a daisy punch…well, you know I NEEDED that set.
And I have to tell you the DSP is almost all gone…I have stacks of cards and projects made with this set. I’ve posted several previously, but today’s card is in that classic color combo…
Navy ‘n White classic color combo…
Glamour close up…
A side view spotlighting that gorgeous DSP…
and a peek inside.
At my wedding, which took place in the month of February oh so long ago, I wanted my bridesmaids to carry Shasta Daisies…in February? I’ve always loved daisies, they seem happy, and I don’t know where my florist found them in the dead of winter, but we did have Shasta Daisies that day!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you on this card…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Old Olive Cardstock, plus Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper.
- Ink: Night of Navy
- Stamps: Delightful Daisy and Gorgeous Grunge
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Daisy Punch, Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies, Faceted Gems, Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit (sequins)
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Scalloped edge from Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies was used on the card front edge to remove 1/4″.
- The DSP was cut 5-1/2″ x 1″ and attached to the inside edge of the card with SNAIL.
- The Sentiment was stamped on the top right corner of the card front with Night of Navy.
- Cut the branch from Seasonal Layers Thinlits from Old Olive CS. Stamp Gorgeous Grunge (splats) in Night of Navy three times at bottom of card front. Add branch from top left corner at an angle toward lower right corner with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp three Night of Navy daisies on Whisper White CS and punch. Attach two with dimensional making sure the petals are in opposite positions. Add at bottom with another dimensional. Cut the third daisy in half and attach layers together with a dimensional making sure the petals are in opposite positions. Add to card front at end of branch with dimensional. Add Faceted Gems to centers of both daisies.
- Add five sequins to the card front with multipurpose glue.
- You can see the envelope flap was covered with the same DSP.
Hope your weekend went well…we had a very rainy one, but it was perfect for stamping!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
and that’s a good thing.
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!