Seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child is magical…we should always remember the magic we felt as a child and remember how we tried to create that magic for our own kids.
And Christmas with a little whimsy is fun and that’s just what I saw the first time I saw the stamp set Seasons of Whimsy. How fun is this stamp set?
A glamour close up….
love this background and so easy to make!!
and a peek inside…
There’s certainly unconventional color here for Christmas, but it works!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Flirty Flamingo Cardstock, plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, and Pumpkin Pie
- Stamps: Seasons of Whimsy
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1/8″ gold metallic ribbon, Iridescent Sequins, “E” Acrylic Block, spritzer and markers
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″ then burnish with bone folder.
- The Flirty Flamingo layer is 4-1/4″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The watercolor paper is 4″ x 5-1/4″. “Color” an “E” Acrylic Block with your Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo and Pumpkin Pie Markers. Spritz with water and stamp the watercolor paper. Let the ink soak in the paper for a few seconds and then remove. If you still want to move the color, spritz the water color paper but try to maintain your border.
- Once the ink is dry, stamp the ornaments in staggered positions. Then stamp the bow/string. I placed post it notes over the border at the top to mask that area. Tip: if your bow doesn’t quite meet the ornament hook, use a black Micron Pen to connect.
- Stamp sentiment at the bottom.
- Add sequins here and there.
- Inside the Flirty Flamingo layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Stamp one ornament at lower right corner and then bow/string. Attach to Flirty Flamingo layer with SNAIL.
- The envelope also has an ornament in the lower left corner with the bow/string running to the top.
I love this little whimsical card…it’s so me!
It’s almost Friday again…seriously, people, where does the time go?
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
one of each please.
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!