Today let’s do a little water color wash and use the amazing stamp set “Wherever You Go” to create this graduation card…
Isn’t the perspective created with that bridge stamp just wonderful? I was thinking when working on this card how well that plane we had back in the spring would look flying over this bridge. I’ll have to try that one…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Black Cardstock plus Water Color Paper
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Peekaboo Peach, Watermelon Wonder and Flirty Flamingo
- Stamps: Wherever You Go
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Aqua Painter and Frog Tape
- The Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ attached to card front with adhesive
- The water color paper is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Set a few drops of reinker for each color on an acrylic block. Add a border of Frog Tape around all sides of the paper. Wet your paper with the Aqua Painter then start with Daffodil Delight and the other colors washing them across the paper. You can pick up the paper and let you colors run or just let the water color paper work its own magic.
- Let this dry. You can use the heat gun if you are in a hurry.
- Once dry stamp the sunburst in Watermelon Wonder and all the other images in Basic Black.
- Now you can see the ink got under my tape. So if you don’t like this effect (I do!) be sure to run your nail along the edge to be sure it is sealed well before starting to paint.
- All your beautiful art to the Basic Black layer with multipurpose glue.
You have created a masterpiece.!
Here is your “B-ism” for today…
I’ve got to send this to my yoga instructor…
Get HaPpY with ink!