Let me just say…I watched Sacha Van der Kerkhof’s video (here) and had to give these cute purses a try. Remember that craft show I entered? Well, it is looming and these purses seemed a good fit for the market traffic I expect to be there.
Cute or what?
Here’s a close up of the plaids…
These were all made with the Warmth and Cheer Designer Series Paper Stack.
And these were made with the Candy Cane Lane DSP. Each little purse has a coordinating card inside for that special message.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White and color cardstock of your choice and Designer Series Paper of your choice
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Holly Berry Happiness, Christmas Magic (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Iced Rhinestones, Holly Berry Builder Punch, Layered Ovals Framelits, Layered Squares Framelits, Bail ‘n Chain (Hobby Lobby), Tags & Labels Framelits
First we need to make the box/bag inside. Cut your cardstock 2-3/4″ x 6-1/4″. On the short side score at 3/4″. On the long side score at 2″, 3″, 5″ and 6″. Score at 2-1/2″ down one inch and the same at 5-1/2″. With a straight edge lined up from bottom of 1″ score to 3/4″ score to corner at 2″ then again at opposite corner at 3″ score. Make the same two score lines between 5″ and 6″ score lines.
Trim taps like this…
Add Tear Tape on right side to 1/4″ score and underneath one of the larger flaps.
Fold and attach at side. Fold all bottom flaps inside box and attach with the tear tape flap. Pinch sides to make box/bag for inside.
- Now that you’ve made one…you can see how simple it really is. Now let’s get that cute purse made…
- Cut two of the largest ovals from cardstock. Cut two of the next size of the Layered Ovals from your DSP. Cut two small ovals from cardstock and two next smallest ovals from DSP. Cut two strips 7″ x 3/8″ from cardstock.
- Glue cardstock and DSP ovals together with Multipurpose Glue. Add glue to one side of box/bag and press one glued oval to it making sure it is centered and not sticking out at the bottom. Glue the second large oval to the opposite side.
- Curl your small oval with bone folder to soften the fibers, fold in half and crease. Add glue to 1/2 of cardstock side and place at top center of one oval to overlap to second oval. Add Velcro button to close purse and Rhinestone to top of closure.
- Place a piece of Tear Tape on same side, each end of handles. Curl slightly with bone folder. Attach to each end of same oval. Repeat for other oval. We have a purse!
- Now for the tag…I used a framelit from Tags and Labels Framelits. If you were going to make a tag, this one measures 1″ x 1-1/2″. Punch a hole for chain. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black. Stamp, punch and glue holly and berries. Add to purse handle with chain. (I had to shorten mine considerably for it to look right.
- Inside I used a 1-3/4″ square framelit for the back and 1-1/2″ square for Whisper White. Glue together. Add a small strip of coordinating cardstock at bottom.
Could you imagine money in here?…or an engagement ring? Or special earrings? Girl…I can imagine lots of great things inside this tiny purse! How about a note “We are going on a cruise!” Hahahaha…I do have an imagination!
Sure hope these will prove me right and be a good seller at the craft show.
For all of you who are faithful readers…Saturday (which is normally not a big blog reading day) was my biggest day ever! And I almost didn’t post those calendar pages because I wasn’t sure you would enjoy them. Boy! was I ever wrong. Not only that, but many asked to see the rest of the pages too. I am in the process of rearranging my posting schedule to include the rest of the calendar pages one day a week for the next three weeks. Hope you enjoy…
We had a kit class at the studio today…and it was a hit! So much so we are planning another one next month. It’s just fun to be together getting our craft on…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…stay HaPpY!