You are there! Love this stamp set called Choose Happiness and today’s card just happened while I was playing around. It always surprises me when that happens. Here’s the card… It’s an unusual color combination, I know, but it grew on me as I was working on this card. The inside of the card also coordinates with the card cover as does the envelope. There are three different stamps sets represented here, one of which is retired (sorry, French Foliage, I love that script). Have you made one of these layered cards? It’s really a great effect that’s easy to do. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you… Stuff:
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum and Baked Brown Sugar cardstock
- Ink: Calypso Coral, Baked Brown Sugar, Perfect Plum and Wild Wasabi
- Stamps: Choose Happiness, Gorgeous Grunge, French Foliage
- Tools and Embellishments: Ovals Framelits, Neutrals Candy Dots, Pearls, Vanilla Seam Binding and Linen Thread
- Cut Baked Brown Sugar 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Perfect Plum layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Very Vanilla layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″‘
- Cut two Very Vanilla ovals and two Perfect Plum ovals one size bigger than each Vanilla oval
- With a little adhesive in the center of the 5 1/4″ x 4″ Very Vanilla layer, place largest Vanilla oval
- Add a little adhesive to the center of this oval and place the smaller Vanilla oval on top
- With these three Very Vanilla layers together, stamp all your background stamps
- To assemble, place Perfect Plum layers under the Vanilla ovals.
- Add the flay stamp with candy dot.
- Fussy Cut the bird and add pearl for his eye.
- Stamp sentiment on a strip of 3/4″ Very Vanilla, add Grunge in Baked Brown Sugar
- Flag one end of strip and separate the paper layers at the opposite end, curl in opposite directions.
- Add Very Vanilla Seam Binding with Linen Thread.
Hope you enjoyed this card today and you are going to have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by and come back often.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing.”
Getting ready for national convention so I’m VERY inky and VERY HaPpY!