A friend of mine did me a big favor by crafting a special birthday present for my son who will be celebrating a BIG birthday this year. His skill is amazing and his work is a treasure I know will be a gift my son will appreciate for years to come. This artist is one of the most humble people, especially when it comes to his craft, I have ever known.
Needless to say I wanted to send him a very special thank you….
The inside is also weathered to match the card front…
I love to make masculine cards and this one was fun to make. Crumbled, stained and wadded…it’s definitely got that weathered look about it. Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you:
- Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Island Indigo, Pistachio Green and Very Vanilla cardstock
- Ink: Baked Brown Sugar and Island Indigo
- Stamps: World Map (background stamp), Gorgeous Grunge (splatter), Hello Sailor (compass
- Embellishments: Burlap Chevron ribbon (backside inked with splatter stamp), retired clock works (sorry!), Woodgrain EF, Crystal Effects (on compass) and linen thread.
- Card base 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Island Indigo layer 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Pistachio Green layer 3 7/8″ x 4 7/8″
- World Map layer 3 3/4″ x 4 3/8″
Here’s what I’m thinking…get all my masculine stamps and embellishments out and just make masculine cards for a day. Maybe some little guy cards, too. Wanna join me?
Here’s your “B-ism” for today: “The right attitude very rarely leads to the wrong action.” Zig Ziglar
I’ve got a great attitude to keep my fingers inky and out of trouble…