This girl was WAY OUT of her comfort zone today…I DID MY FIRST LIVE FB VIDEO! And, it was fun. So many times I’m asked to show a technique because many or most of us learn by “seeing” something done more than by ready directions.
While I gladly give the Stuff ‘N Digits to all my projects, I felt it would be fun to pop in every once in a while with a technique video. Here’s the project I showed in the video yesterday…
and a peek inside…
The watercolor technique was the video feature and the piece on the table is the one in the video. I wanted the fall watercolored leaves to be the focal point of this card so I kept it fairly simple (for me anyway…no Linen Thread, bows or sequins!) and I really like it. This is another “all occasion” card good to have in your stash…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this Z-Fold card…
- Paper: Watercolor, Thick Whisper White, Old Olive Cardstock, plus Petals & Paisleys Specialty DSP
- Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Basic Black
- Stamps: Vintage Leaves and Thoughtful Branches (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Aqua Pen (thin tipped)
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 2-1/8″ and 4-1/4″ on the long side.
- The vertical Old Olive layer is 2″ x 5-3/8″ attached with Multipurpose Glue
- The Rich Razzleberry DSP layer is 1-7/8″ x 5-1/4″ attached to Old Olive with SNAIL.
- The horizontal Old Olive layer is 3-1/8″ x 4-1/4″ attached to front panel with Multipurpose Glue.
- The Watercolor layer is 3″ x 4-1/8″. Stamp leaves in Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry. Stamp some full strength then color with Aqua Pen and others stamp off first to get a lighter shade. Let ink dry before over stamping if you do not want colors to bleed together. Attach to Old Olive layer with Multipurpose Glue.
- Inside the card the Old Olive layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with Multipurpose Glue. The DSP layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ attached with SNAIL. The watercolor layer is 3″ x 4-1/8″ stamped and water colored exactly like the cover piece but leaving room for a message. Placement is directly behind front panel using Multipurpose Glue.
Hope your weekend was just what you needed to start your week with a bang!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
yep, you do.
So let’s get inky together and Be HaPpY!