Did I ever mention I’m a yogi? For almost nine years now. And in my weekly classes there is this sweet, gentle man who has been attending as long as I have. This is a big class but many of us have become friends over the years. Recently we found out he was ill and likely won’t be returning.
So today’s post is a card made for him from our class. Everyone will write a special message to him and then it will be hand delivered…
The autumn colors were fun to work with on watercolor paper and Ken Oliver’s Color Burst powder. Such beautiful effects with so little effort…
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Black and Real Red Cardstock
- Ink: Basic Black
- Stamps: Thoughtful Branches, Totally Trees and Greatest Greetings
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Real Red Baker’s Twine, Ken Oliver’s Color Burst (Amazon) Alizarin Crimson, Orange and Lemon Yellow, Acrylic Block “H”
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 5-1/8″ x 3-3/8″
- The Real Red layer is 5″ x 3-1/4″”
- The Watercolor layer is 4-7/8″ x 3-1/8″. Spray the three colors across the “H” acrylic block horizontally and spritz with water. Let the colors blend a bit then stamp and hold in place on watercolor paper with pressure long enough to give the color and water time to be absorbed by the paper. Let dry…(you can use a heat gun, and if the paper curls or bows, run the heat on the opposite side). Stamp trees from Thoughtful Branches and Totally Trees in Basic Black. Attach all layers with Multipurpose Glue. Run Baker’s Twine around layers and attach at back with SNAIL Place all layers on card toward the top.
- Stamp sentiment in Basic Black in lower right corner.
Here’s hoping sweet Joe will be back in yoga class doing the Warrior Pose!
Be sure to stop back by, I have some projects for my craft booth to show you, a pretty and a little different Christmas card and a thank you gift for my stampin’ peeps.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
for sweet Joe.
Come get inky with me…Be HaPpY!