The time changed a week or so ago…but we had no idea what time the sun rises or sets…
We haven’t even seen the sun for ten days…until yesterday.
Oh glory! spring has sprung and flowers and trees are popping out and all the birds are flirting like they are behind schedule.
Just puts a girl in the best of moods. So today I’d like to share a pretty dogwood watercolor…
There is no sentiment because this card could be used for many things and deserves a special occasion. Want the Stuff ‘N Digits?
- Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black cardstock plus the new FREE printed vellum 6″ x 6″ stack and watercolor paper
- Ink: Versamark, Calypso Coral, Soft Suede, Pear Pizazz and Mossy Meadow ink refills
- Stamps: Indescribable Gift
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Clear Embossing Powder, small paint brush
- The Whisper White base card is 5 1/2″ x 6 1/4″, scored on the long side at 2″
- The Basic Black layer is 8 1/2″ x 3 3/4″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Vellum on the 2″ panel is 1 7/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Inside the card the vellum is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Inside the Basic Black card there is a Whisper White layer that measures 3 1/4″ x 4″. There is a small strip of Vellum at the bottom of this layer.
- If you use Fast Fuze you can attach the Vellum with that and it will not show. Attach the smaller vellum layer to the front 2″ panel.
- Attach the larger Vellum layer to the inside of the card
- Attach the back of the Basic Black layer centered on the inside of the larger Whisper White card
- Add 3 1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White layer and Vellum strip to the inside of the Basic Black smaller card
- Now all you need is the water colored image on watercolor paper. Stamp the image in Versamark, Clear EP and heat.
- Working with your small paint brush and clear water, wet small areas at a time and then add a small amount of reinker. Let the paper do the work for you. At this point let the color be light. Your Versamark lines will appear and add interest. Work in one color at a time. When it dries (I heat it cause I can’t stand to wait) you can go back and add details with either your brush or the marker.
- Fill an Aqua Painter with whatever blue you like and water. Paint around your image.
- Ta-Da! You are such an artist! Cut this down to 3 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ and attach to the Basic Black front side.
Isn’t it interesting how this card opens and reveals the inside layer?
That’s it for me today…headed outside for a long walk with Zoe and maybe a little yard work. It’s just too pretty to stay inside.
You have an awesome day and thanks so much for stopping by my studio today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky…Be HaPpY!