Wouldn’t it be nice if we could put a brick on their head?
G’kids I mean.
Lyla is one of my “littles” and she turns eight next month.
She weighed only 3 1/2 lbs. when she was born.
Today’s card was an idea running around in my head that has now come to fruition…
You can see the coordinating envelope and here’s a peek at the inside…
Just keeping Hallmark on their toes.
Lyla is a real “girly” girl. She loves glitz, glimmer and bling. So much so it seemed impossible the glitter in her hair during the holidays would be out by Easter!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White and Crushed Curry cardstock
- Ink: I’ll probably add a Happy Birthday sentiment to the inside in Calypso Coral or Memento Black
- Stamps: Just the sentiment
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Crushed Curry Cotton Twine, Bermuda Bay Sequin Yarn, Small Alphabet Framelits, Washi Tape
- The Whisper White base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Crushed Curry layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- The Whisper White layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Add five or six strips of your choice of Washi Tape
- Cut name with alphabet framelits from this layer
- Add Whisper White layer to Crushed Curry layer with adhesive or Tombow glue
- Tie Crushed Curry twine around these two layers and add a strip of sequin yarn
- Add these layers to card front with dimensionals
- Add coordinating Washi Tape to inside of card and envelope.
Hope this inspires you to take this idea and make a creation of your own. If you have questions, please leave me a comment.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
If you are from the South, you know this. But if you are traveling through, you may want to take note.
Get yourself inky…Be HaPpY!