Beautiful spring day here in the south…
Cool temperatures with no humidity.
Today was a celebration of friendship with girls I’ve known for over 50 years…
Where did the time go? We had an alfresco lunch outside and talked forever.
So today’s post would be the perfect card to send to any one of them for several different occasions.
See what you think…
This card is CASEd from the net, just tweaked a little but for the life of me I can’t remember where I saw it. It seems to me this card works for a lot of occasions we all celebrate and would be a good one to have in your personal card stache.
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Pool Party cardstock
- Ink: Pool Party, Memento Black
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree (sentiment & background) and Indescribable Gift
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1 3/4″ Circle Punch, Coastal Cabana 3/8″ Ribbon, Markers and Blender Pen
- The Crumb Cake base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The first Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The Crumb Cake layer is 3 1/4″ square
- The Pool Party layer is 3 1/8″ square
- The Whisper White layer is 3″ square, stamped in Pool Party with the Sheltering Tree leaves stamp to cover.
- The flower is stamped with Memento Black on a Whisper White scrap and colored with markers and Blender Pen, then punched with 1 3/4″ Circle Punch.
- Layer the Crumb Cake and Pool Party layers together with adhesive and add to card front.
- Stamp sentiment around all fur sides. I’ll confess I used a MISTI to place these sentiments (Google MISTI Stamping Tool)
- Add ribbon to Whisper White layer with background. I attached a layer of ribbon around with adhesive, tied a bow separately and add the bow with glue dots. Then add this layer to the card front.
- Punch your flower circle and add to card front with glue dots.
- Inside I have a Pool Party layer 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ with a Whisper White layer 3 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ to write a message.
- Don’t forget your personalized stamp on the back.
- I’ll probably decorate the envelope with the flower stamp and color or maybe I’ll add a envelope liner. If this card was coming to you, I’d do both!
Hope you are enjoying the perfect day today too with people you enjoy and cherish.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get yourself inky … you’ll be HaPpY!