Several people has posts the idea of masking in the Beautiful You stamps with the Mediterranean Moments stamps and I was just itching to try it. It’s really hard sometimes when you have so much new product on hand to create all that you want to.
But I finally got to give this technique and try and if you have been reading this blog long, you must know “masking” is my very favorite stamping technique…it’s magic!
So here’s my Beautiful You girl walking in the rain right into the Mediterranean Moment…
and it’s raining inside too…
and a little different angle…
Of course, the water color pencils in SU! colors makes this even more fun.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla Cardstock and Water Color Paper plus Carried Away Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Pool Party, Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Beautiful You, Gorgeous Grunge (splat) and Mediterranean Moment
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Very Vanilla Seam Binding (retired), SU! Water Color Pencils, small round brush or Blender Pen
- The Very Vanilla base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The DSP layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL.
- The water color paper layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″.
- Stamp umbrella girl in Archival Basic Black Ink on water color paper. Stamp her again on a post it note and “fussy cut”. Place the cut out over your stamped image on the water color paper.
- Now with the mask in place, stamp the Mediterranean Moment scene right over the post it note mask in Archival Basic Black. Remove the mask…MAGIC! She’s right there on the street isn’t she? Isn’t that just fun!
- Try to color the background in lightly with Water Color Pencils and the girl with brighter colors so she can be the focal point. Use your brush with water or a Blender Pen and go over all your pencil colors. With the Gorgeous Grunge (splat) stamp, add rain with Pool Party ink.
- Add water color paper over DSP with multipurpose glue.
- Attach a band of ribbon along the left side. Make a bow with several loops and tie in center with Linen Thread. Attach bow over band with glue dots.
- Inside the DSP layer is 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ with a Very Vanilla layer on top 4-1/8″ x 3-1/8″. Stamp “rain” on the Very Vanilla layer.
- You can see in the photos the envelope flap was covered with the same DSP to coordinate with the card front.
We had class here today at Rambling Rose Studios. I just love my peeps and they are also so appreciative of the work it takes to come up with new ideas and put kits together for them.
So I will be flying out tonight to go keep “the littles” until Friday, but there will be a new post for you each day. I’ve been working really hard this week to cover my time away. I’ll be checking each day to see how you like the projects. Leave me a comment!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…Be HaPpY!