Making a fall themed card was the furthest thing in my mind today…but this beautifully colored piece of watercolor paper was sitting on my desk…
Then this happened…
That just makes me feel cooler looking at those fall colors. Well, shoot, when you consider we will be getting the Holiday Catalog next week, an autumn card in the middle of summer doesn’t seem that odd.
These leaves were cut from a piece of watercolor paper that had been sprinkled with Ken Oliver’s Color Burst dry pigment and spritzed with water. However, if you wanted to use reinker instead, you could spritz the watercolor paper first and then drop reinker on the paper and let it do it own thing. Either way you’ll get beautiful fall leaves for your card.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: Delightful Dijon, Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla and Tip Top Taupe cardstock, plus watercolor paper
- Ink: Tip Top Taupe, Memento Black and Soft Suede
- Stamps: Vintage Leaves, Amazingly Artistic and Netting background
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Vintage Leaves Framelits
- The Delightful Dijon base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Bermuda Bay layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″, attached to card front with adhesive
- The Tip Top Taupe layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″, stamped with the Netting background stamp in Tip Top Taupe (2nd generation) then any of the other stamps in the Amazingly Artistic set you like. Use Soft Suede for the fern leaves. Attach this layer with adhesive.
- Stamp the dragon fly using the “rock ‘n roll” method in Delightful Dijon and Bermuda Bay on a scrap of cardstock and “fussy cut”. Cut some dimensionals for the wings and set aside.
- Stamp with Memento Black and the Vintage Leaves stamp set on your watercolored paper and cut out with framelits. Attach the two larger leaves with tombow glue. Add dimensionals to the smaller leaves, tie with Linen Thread and add to card front.
- Add dragon fly to card front.
- Inside there is a 3 1/2″ x 4″ Very Vanilla layer stamped with one of the leaves using the “rock ‘n roll” method.
- You can see the envelope has also been stamped to coordinate with the card.
Sometimes it’s the little things…
So Zoe did “kill” her Minion yesterday. It finally quit yelling MONDAY! and now she couldn’t care less about it. She wants a new one…nope.
Things here are crazy in the studio. Finished all my classes on Monday so I can make a big mess and not have to worry about it. My goal is to leave it clean…ummmm, not sure that will happen by the looks of it right now though.
I will be sharing snapshots from Salt Lake City each day on my facebook page at Rambling Rose Studio. If you’d like to search and “like” it, I’ll try to keep you up to date while I’m there. It will be so exciting to reunite with friends made over the years…that’s the BEST part of convention…but so much of it is just fun. I’m sure Shelli (the CEO) will be greatly missed this year. That part will be very different.
Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for taking time to stop by my studio.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
It’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!
Have an inky day…Be HaPpY!