So today is Valentine’s Day and look what we had for breakfast…
Ahhhh….grilled pear with goat cheese, vanilla granola and agave. A favorite of mine so it was the perfect way to start the day for me. We decided since it was so dang cold outside, we would buy filets and cook together and actually eat in the dining room on the china by candlelight! Doesn’t that just sound cozy?
Today I’ve been cleaning up (still!) in my studio…it was in an unbelievable mess. And I have made a couple of new cards for this week, one of which I think will be hubby’s birthday card (March 10th). We’ll see…here’s the card…
It’s a shaker card and I also tried Shellie’s feathers she demo’d at Leadership. They are pretty darn cute…got to show this to my peeps.
Here is the Stuff “N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White, Crushed Curry and Basic Black cardstock. Flashback and Sweet Dreams DSP
- Ink: Memento Black
- Stamps: Crazy About You
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Circle Framelits, Washi Tape, Window Sheet, Perfect Dots EF, Shaker Frames, florist wire (white) and sequins
- The Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Crushed Curry layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The first DSP layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- The Basic Black layer is 2 3/4″ x 3″
- The DSP layer is 2 5/8″ x 2 7/8″
- Make your feathers using coordinating Washi Tape to the colors in your DSP. Lay a piece sticky side up, place a 3″ piece of white florist wire on top, layer with a second piece of Washi tape. Cut each end of tape to a point or rounded and then cut small slits along each side. Make three feathers
- Choose the filling for your shaker and set to side. Using circle framelits cut your background piece and your window sheet the same size. Use the next smaller size circle to make your top frame. Run this top piece through the Big Shot with the dots embossing folder.
- With Tombow glue your window sheet to your top frame. Add the adhesive shaker frame to the background piece and fill with filling. Remove adhesive from frame and top with window sheet piece.
- Add the Crushed Curry layer to card front.
- Add the DSP layer to card front.
- Add the DSP layer to the Basic Black, then add this layer to the card front at an angle and trim the side of this piece to the card front.
- Add feathers with glue dots where the shaker frame will be placed.
- Add the shaker piece with dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment on a piece of Whisper White. With a glue dot slide just underneath the shaker frame on the left side. Trim the opposite end with a hexagon punch to tag it.
- You can see I have lined the envelope with the same DSP. Inside the card I have a layer of Crushed Curry with a Whisper White layer over it. I used the trimmed piece from the card front behind this layer and added a vertical piece of the dsp to the Whisper White.
This is a fun card and with the choice of DSP looks somewhat masculine. Sometimes I struggle making masculine cards, but this one I like. I may do a short video this week on making these little feathers. They are really pretty in person!
Hope you are planning an awesome Valentines and enjoying it with your sweetie. Thanks for stopping by the studio today.
Here’s a “B-ism” for you today…
Get yourself inky…Be HaPpY!