My Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (who in the world came up with that name?) arrived and I knew the first thing that was going to be made with it…
My Ugly Christmas Sweater!
How fun is that? I love it! Do I remember wearing these sweaters? Ummmm…yep!
Here’s the inside…
This was fun to make…kept me smiling all day!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red Cardstock, plus Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Ink: Basic Black, Soft Suede, and Real Red
- Stamps: Cookie Cutter Christmas, Christmas Pines and Greetings From Santa
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Real Red Pom Poms, paper crimper, sequins, Cable Knit EF, Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies (bow), 1″ circle punch
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. On the short side mark in 1″ from each corner in pencil. Make another pencil m2-1/8″ (center of short side) and draw a light pencil line from the center mark down 1-1/2″. With a ruler line up on the 1″ mark to the end of the center line, drawn a line. Repeat for the second 1″ mark. Cut out the “V” formed by these pencil lines.
- Now run this layer through your Big Shot. Some say dampen the paper before embossing, but I forgot to do that and it turned out just fine. Cut a 2-1/8″ square from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. Cut in half diagonally. Punch a half circle on the long side for the neck of your sweater.
- Glue the Sweater to the card front with Multipurpose Glue. Glue the glimmer paper at the neck opening with Multipurpose Glue. Cut out small bow in Real Red and add to neck with Glue Dot.
- Cut a strip 1/2″ wide x 5-1/2″. Crimp and cut in half. Overlap to create a “V” and add glue. Trim point of “V” if needed. Glue to neck of sweater.
- For the bottom ribbing cut 3/4″ Real Red strip 4-1/4″ long and crimp. Add to bottom of sweater with Multipurpose Glue. Trim one end if needed.
- Stamp reindeer on Whisper White and brush with Aqua Painter and Soft Suede in. When dry punch out with Cookie Cutter punch. Add to sweater front with dimensionals. Glue Real Red pom pom on nose with Multipurpose Glue.
- Add sequins with Multipurpose Glue.
- Inside stamp sentiment in Real Red and add sequins with Multipurpose Glue. Crimp a small strip of Real Red and add to ark at bottom with Multipurpose Glue.
Seriously I remember wearing these sweaters in the 70s at Christmastime with wool Bermuda shorts (its not usually that cold here at Christmas) and thinking I was “all that”! I had a ball making this card, and know this beautiful embossing folder will be used many times in the future.
Thanks so much for stopping by today…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Then get inky and Be HaPpY!