For Mother’s Day my son an daughter-in-love sent me tulips. That’s so different from what I was thinking was inside the box and were they ever gorgeous once they had a good drink…
They just got prettier as each day went by.
Sooooo…when looking through all my new product, the set Tranquil Tulips caught my eye!
What a well designed stamp. It makes one layer darker than the other without you doing a thing!
Glamour close up…
This view shows the dimension created by stamping on scrap, “fussy cutting” and adding with a dimensional to original flower.
and a peek inside.
Did you notice the background color Wisteria Wonder? That color isn’t listed on the DSP packet, but I had some tucked back for who knows how long and decided to try it. Then I found this Wisteria Wonder Seam Binding…mother load! So I happily went to work and thoroughly enjoyed making this card and love the clean look of it.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Wisteria Wonder Cardstock plus Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonde and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Tranquil Tulips and stamp set from Soft Sayings Kit (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Wisteria Wonder Seam Binding (retired)
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Wisteria Wonder layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to the card front with SNAIL
- The bottom DSP layer is 2-1/2″ x 4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The top DSP is 3-1/4″ x 4″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The top Wisteria Wonder layer is 3-1/8″ x 4-1/4″
- The top Thick Whisper White layer I 3″ x 4-1/8″. Stamp stems in Old Olive and the large tulip in Wisteria Wonder and the smaller ones in Calypso Coral. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Add a band of Wisteria Wonder Seam Binding around the bottom of this layer and attach in back with SNAIL. Add the white layer to the Wisteria Wonder layer with SNAIL.
- Make a bow with several loops and tie in center with Linen Thread. Add this bow to ribbon band with glue dots. Add these layers to card front at an angle.
- Inside there is a layer of Wisteria Wonder 4″ x 5-1/4″ with a Whisper White layer 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ on top. Add stems and flowers at lower right corner.
- You can see there are also tulips stamped on the left side of the envelope to coordinate with the card front.
This stamp set is a hostess set…which means you can get it free with a $150 order! Just sayin’…
This will be the first weekend in a month we don’t have plans! I’m looking forward to some yard and flower garden time and maybe a nap!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Sweetums knows…he brings me a cup of black coffee bedside every. single. morning.
So get those fingers inky…you’ll be HaPpY!