If you are looking for a Christmas card that would be easy to mass produce and mail flat at a normal rate…this post might be just for you…
Using this technique on water color paper will give you the “blooming” effect.
A glamour close up…
Love this color combo. Everything pops with that Lemon Lime Twist!
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus water color paper and Merry Music Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Real Red, Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Powder Pink and Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Chirstmas Quilt and Sheet Music Background
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Spritzer
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″.
- The DSP layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The water color paper layer is 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″. Dampen water color paper with water spritzer. Stamp larger tree stamp in center with Pool Party and on either side with Powder Pink. Let the water color paper work and “bloom” with color. You can wait or it to dry or stamp while still damp with Real Red and Lemon Lime Twist. Let dry completely. Add sentiment center bottom using Archival Basic Black ink. Add tree stands in Smoky Slate.
- Add snippets of the Music Sheet background stamp hear and there.
- Using a brush and watered down Real Red or the Real Red marker, add splats over everything.
- Add this water colored layer to DSP with multipurpose glue.
- Inside the DSP layer is 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ attached with SNAIL.
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ attached over DSP with SNAIL.
- The flap of the envelope was also stamped with Music Sheet background stamp in Archival Basic Black.
Hope your Thursday is awesome!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Pray for those in the path of Irma…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!