When it comes time to send a sympathy card, I’m all over it because I’ve been on the other side of that card and know how much it means to receive a heartfelt card when your heart is broken.
Usually I have these cards on hand but made this one today for a sweet friend who lost his dad yesterday. Hope he feels the love…
and here is the inside with space for a nice note…
You can see in this picture how the envelope was stamped to coordinate with the card.
This is a fun technique with a little “wow” power too! Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Soft Sky Cardstock
- Ink: Pear Pizazz, Sweet Sugarplum, Soft Sky and Basic Black
- Stamps: Touch of Texture and Rose Wonder (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Frog Tape, Sponge Dauber or sponge wedge
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- The Soft Sky layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to the card front with adhesive
- The top Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Using the tape, tape a section on the front of the card about 2″ wide. Using the sponge of your choice sponge in the taped off area with Pear Pizazz, Sweet Sugarplum and Soft Sky. Tip: BE SURE to peel the tape careful. DO NOT pull as this may tear your cardstock.
- Stamp the Soft Sky flower and the splats in Sweet Sugarplum then add the bloom outline stamp in Basic Black and the stem of the flower.
- Tip: I use a MISTI to add sentiments to my cards (saves me so many times having to re-do a card). Add sentiment in Basic Black.
- Inside there is a layer of Soft Sky 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with a Whisper White top layer 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ added with adhesive. Repeat sponging technique. Tip: you can reuse your tape.
- On the envelope only one piece of tape was used and the same sponging technique repeated. The flower was added like the one on the card front.
I love this masking and sponging technique…so many possiblilities!
Are you ready for today’s B-ism? Here you go…
This is so true.
Let’s get inky together…and be HaPpY!