Today was class day…and today’s post is one of the cards we made which I totally cased from from Krista Frattin who is a member of the Artisan Design Team. I think the only change was the Linen Thread…
Isn’t that pretty? Thanks so much Krista! The first thing about this card that makes it so appealing to me is the color combination of blues and greens (a personal favorite) and the simplicity of the card. All the stampers today loved this card.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White and Mint Macaron
- Ink: Sky Blue, Mint Macaron and Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: Botnical Blooms and Grateful Bunch (sentiments)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Botanical Builder Framelits, Basic Pearls
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Sky Blue layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″ attached to the card front with adhesive
- The Whisper White layer is 5″ x 3 3/4″. Stamps background a total of eight times side by side to create background in Sky Blue. Stamp leaf veins in Mint Macaron at opposite angles from center. Stamp Mint Macaron leaves with Mint Macaron ink with small flowers for dimension and attach with glue dots. Add some adhesive to start loops of Linen Thread, loops three times catching the adhesive each loop.
- Cut Whisper White bloom with framelit and one flower center. With dauber and Daffodil Delight color flower center and center of stamen layer leaving tips white. Add flower to card front with dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment in Mint Macaron.
- Inside there is a layer of Sky Blue 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ with a Whisper White layer attached with adhesive that is 4″ x 3″. Stamp sentiment in Mint Macaron.
Sometimes simple is best. This card works for any occasion with a change of sentiment. A great one to have in your stash!
I’m so glad you stopped by on this beautiful May day and hope you feel inspired to create art of your own.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky…Be HaPpY!