It’s beginning to look a lot like “wedding season” around here. And even though it’s spring time with all those pastel colors that come to mind, today’s wedding (or anniversary) card is a tone-on-tone neutral color palette with a quilting effect…
The heart “quilting” shows up well…
Glamour close up…
and a peek inside.
It’s always nice if you know the bride’s choice of color for the wedding to add the color to their card, but neutrals are always elegant and a good choice if you aren’t sure.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Tip Top Taupe, Sahara Sand Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and Craft White
- Stamps: First Sight and Timeless Love (sentiment)
- Tools ‘n Embellishments: Falling Petals Embossing Folder, White Embossing Powder, 1″ square punch or framelit
- The Very Vanilla base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Tip Top Taupe layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached with SNAIL
- The next Very Vanilla layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp background with flourish stamp in Sahara Sand. Attach with SNAIL.
- To make the sentiment cut the Sahara Sand layer 1″ x 3″. Cut the Tip Top Taupe layer 7/8″ x 2-7/8″. Attach these two layers with SNAIL. Cut the Very Vanilla layer 3/4″ x 2-3/4″. Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black and attach to previous layers with SNAIL. Add to bottom center of card front with dimensionals.
- For the top art piece cut Sahara Sand CS 3-1/2″ square. Cut the Tip Top Taupe layer 3-3/8″ square and attach together with SNAIL. Cut the Very Vanilla layer 3-1/4″ square. Using scraps of Tip Top Taupe and Sahara Sand CS stamp one with Archival Basic Black and the other with Craft White Ink. Cover the piece with Craft White Ink with White Embossing Powder and heat. Punch 1″ squares from each scrap. You will need 4 of one color and 5 of the other to build your “quilt”. Use Multipurpose Glue to place squares on top of Very Vanilla 3-3/8″ square.
- Once you pieces are in place, embossed with Falling Petals EF just the top Very Vanilla piece with the squares. After embossing attach to Sahara Sand and Tip Top Taupe square. Add to top of card front with dimensionals.
- Inside there is s Tip Top Taupe layer 3-3/4″ x 4-3/4″ attached with SNAIL. A layer of Sahara Sand 3-5/8″ x 4-5/8″ attached with SNAIL. And a Very Vanilla layer 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ with the bottom right corner stamped with the flourish stamp and Sahara Sand attached with SNAIL.
- The Very Vanilla envelope was also stamped on the flap in Sahara Sand with the same flourish stamp.
How beautiful is our weather leading up to this Easter weekend. Hope you are also enjoying some pretty spring weather. Spent all my money at the nursery yesterday and all afternoon planting window boxes, hanging baskets and flower beds. Perfect afternoon!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!