This month in my customer’s order bags these “thank you” cards were included. I have the best customers (who are all now good friends) in the world. We enjoy such good times together.
Next month I will be hosting my first stamping retreat. This has been an idea for a long time and the first weekend in October it will be a reality. I’m excited, but they are just as excited with me. When it happens, I’ll post pictures to share with all of you.
Here’s their “thank you” card…
I’ve seen many thing especially cards made with this particular embossing folder. This color combo was on Frances Martin’s blog and my inspiration for this card. Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red cardstock
- Ink: Real Red, Lost Lagoon and Early Expresso
- Stamps: Endless Thanks (sentiment) and White Christmas (retired) birds
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Woodland Texture Impressions EF, Early Expresso marker
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Real Red layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ attached to base card with adhesive
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″ and embossed with the Woodland EF after inking straight from Lost Lagoon ink pad on the side of the folder where the background is raised, not the trees. Lay your cardstock straight in the folder and run through Big Shot. Use your Early Espresso marker brush end to enhance the indents in the tree trunks. Attach to Real Red layer with adhesive.
- Stamp birds in Real Red and color in with marker, “fussy cut” and add to embossed layer with small pieces of dimensionals.
- Stamp the banner and then the sentiment with Early Express and “fussy cut”. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Inside I have a Real Red layer 3 5/8″ x 4 5/8″ attached with adhesive.
- A 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ Thick Whisper White was embossed on one side similar to the card front with one red bird and attached to the Real Red layer with adhesive.
This type card would be beautiful in fall colors for the background color and some falling leaves. I don’t have the stamp set yet… It would also be pretty with a darker true blue and snow on the sides of the tree trunks. Just some ideas for you.
Here’s a “B-ism” for you today…
Let’s get inky…and Be HaPpY!