This is my first time using both of these stamp sets…and doesn’t the little skunk just make the sentiment so much cuter?
How many times do we see friends going through a life situation that just isn’t fair…All. The. Time! When I saw the sentiments in this set called “Here for You”, I could think of so many times I wish I had this set.
So here is my first card using Here for You and Foxy Friends…
Oh! He is so darn cute. Here’s a peek at the inside…
That is the sweetest sentiment. Personally I would add, “and I just wish this hadn’t happened to you.”
Life can be full of “stinky stuff” so this set will get plenty of use.
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Paper Pumpkin June kit card, Real Red and Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Emerald Envy, Basic Black and Real Red.
- Stamps: Foxy Friends, Here For You (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Fox Builder Punch, Real Red 5/8″ Satin Ribbon, Ornate Tag Topper (retired), Decorative Label Punch and Basic Pearls.
- The base card from June Paper Pumpkin is 5-1/2″ x 11″, scored at 4-1/4″
- The Real Red tag was cut 2-1/4″ x 5″. You can center this piece in tag punch and trim if you need to.
- The Thick Whisper White tag is 2″ x 5″. The bottom of both tags was punched with the Decorative Label Punch, the white one about 1/4″ shorter than the red tag.
- On scrap Thick Whisper White stamp the trees in Emerald Envy and “fussy cut”.
- Stamp sentiment in Basic Black on scrap Whisper White (yes, I cut my stamp so the “well” could be over the rest of the sentiment…won’t hurt the stamp at all). Trim the tag and flag the ends with your scissors or the Banner Punch.
- Attach tags together with multipurpose glue. You may need to re-punch the hole at the top. Add a 4″ piece of ribbon and staple in place. Trim ends. Add sentiment piece with multipurpose glue at the top of the tag. Add the larger tree with multipurpose glue and the smaller tree with dimensionals.
- Now lets make our little stinky skunk. First punch out the Fox Builder Punch with copy paper and use this as your guide when stamping the pieces to build your skunk. Lay the guide over the White Cardstock and stamp each piece where indicated by the punched piece. Then you can just punch them out. The white hair on the skunk’s head and chest is included in the punch. For the tail I just punched a second tail in white and trimmed it from each side and glued it on top of the stamped black tail. I used small pearls painted with permanent black ink for his eyes. Add the little critter to the tag with dimensionals.
- Now the stripped piece at the bottom of the tag was a scrap left over from a previous project which you will not need. I just punched a stamped piece with the Decorative Label Punch and placed it at the bottom.
- Inside there is a 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ piece of Real Red with a 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Whisper White added with adhesive. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black. The tree was stamped in Emerald Envy on a scrap and added with multipurpose glue.
There will be many little critters in my future. Later this week I have a fox for you that is adorable…what is it about a fox? I’ve also seen deer, raccoon and some animals I’m not sure of made from this punch and stamp set. Good thing these two are offered in a bundle!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Oh…this is too funny!
Get inky…Be HaPpY!