I have a friend who recently had a skiing accident so I decided to make her this sweet little water colored bookmark to include inside a card. She will not be patient recouping so I wanted to remind her this will be a perfect time to relax and catch up on all her reading. I can just see her peeking at me over her glasses and saying “seriously?”
Here’s the bookmark…
She will probably read this before she receives it, but that’s ok…she can be making up her reading list.
Here is the Stuff ‘N Digits for this little project:
- Paper: Water color, Whisper White and Sahara Sand cardstock.
- Ink: Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, and Rich Razzleberry
- Stamps: Blessed Easter (Occasions Catalog, pg. 20), Perfect Pennants (sentiment)
- Tools and Embellishments: Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Scallop Trim Border, 5/8″ Organza Ribbon, Linen Thread, rounded corner punch, Aqua Painter, Blender Pen
- Sahara Sand is 2″ x 5 1/4″
- Water color paper is 1 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Whisper White border is 4 1/4″
The water color paper was painted with the aqua painter filled with a few drops of Coastal Cabana and water after first spraying the water color paper with water. So wet on wet. I can never wait for it to dry so I used the heat gun (imagine that!) The tulips were stamped with Black StazOn ink and painted with a blender pen and ink from the lid of the stamp pad.
Hope you enjoyed this little book mark and you’ll give this technique a try. Remember to always start lighter because you can always add color. If you go too dark to begin with…well, you’re stuck and will have to think up an “OOPS” solution. Sometimes they work out better anyway.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…”Every little thing is going to be alright.”
Got another class to get ready for tomorrow and Wednesday…you should guess how inky I am right now…