These cards are never easy, but having been on the other end to receive sympathy cards, I know how much they mean.
Of course, this card could definitely be used for several occasions in this season…especially for the Thanksgiving Holiday…
and the inside peek…
It isn’t shown, but the envelope flap is also covered with the same Designer Series Paper…you know Hallmark hates us, right?
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Very Vanilla Cardstock, Gold Foil and Petals and Paisley’s DSP and water color paper
- Ink: Soft Suede and Early Espresso
- Stamps: Vintage Leaves and Feather Together (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellihments: Baker’s Twine Trio Pack, Thoughtful Branches Thinlits, Various Embossing Folders, Vintage Leaves Thinlits, Large Oval Punch
- The Very Vanilla base card is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Gold Foil layer is 5-1/4″ x 4″ attached to card front with Multipurpose Glue
- The DSP layer is 3-3/4″ x 5″ attached to the Gold Foil layer with SNAIL. Punch out five Very Vanilla ovals with Large Oval Punch. Emboss each one with a different EF. Sponge edges with Soft Suede. Glue together with glue dots with one oval centered and others leaning slightly at top. Add to card front with double dimensionals. Cut stem with tree trunk thinlit from Thoughtful Branches set. Emboss with Woodgrain EF. Attach to back of pumpkin at a slight angle with glue dots and a dimensional. The leaf was cut with Vintage Leaves Thinlits and attached with a dimensional. I had watercolored an entire page with fall colors and let it dry, then cut out as many leaves as I could fit on the page. Tie the gold twine doubled around stem.
- Stamp sentiment in Early Espresso on a Very Vanilla scrap. Cut to 2-1/2″ x 3/4″. Sponge edges with Soft Suede. Attach with single dimensionals.
- Inside the 4-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ DSP layer is covered with a 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla. A small strip of DSP is attached to right side.
- As mentioned above, the envelope flap was also covered with the same DSP. Just takes it up a notch or two…
Sure hope you don’t need a sympathy card, but this would be a great card for your “all occasion” or “sympathy” stash.
Did you see the announcement from SU! about the November Paper Pumpkin? They are giving us a sneak peek at the box and it’s BLUE!
And telling us this months’ Paper Pumpkin is not one you want to miss…(well, I don’t want to miss any of them!) As long as you order before November 10th, you can see what’s inside. To order, just click on the Paper Pumpkin logo in the right column of this blog page. It’s fast, it’s easy and you can drop out any time.
Can you believe (other than packing) I’m all ready for OnStage? Can’t wait to see so many of my stamping friends again and to watch my team enjoy this international event!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
oh how I remember…
I’m REALLY inky…and very HaPpY!