The sentiment on the inside of today’s card post read, “Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart.” Awwww…can you stand it? Take a peek…
This one would make a cute baby card for a little girl. Let’s take a peek at the inside…
Love it! Done in blues this would make a cute little boy card too. You are going to kill me…this card uses three stamp sets, two punches and a good look at the new specialty DSP called Pop of Pink. It was so much fun to make!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Basic Black and Thick Whisper White cardstock plus Pop of Pink Specialty DSP
- Ink: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate
- Stamps: Love You Lots, Layering Love (inside sentiment) and Thoughtful Banners (front sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, White Seam Binding, Duet Banner Punch, Balloon Bouquet Punch, Circles Framelits (retired), Aqua Pen
- Punch smallest balloon from DSP. Add three dimensionals to back and cover front with Crystal Effects or glue from thin tip bottle and let dry out of the way.
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The first Basic Black layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″ attached to the card front with adhesive.
- The Melon Mambo layer is 5″ x 3 3/4″ attached with adhesive over the Basic Black layer
- The first horizontal Basic Black layer is 2 1/8″ x 5″ with a DSP layer 2″ x 4 7/8″ attached with adhesive. Attach these two layer to card front about 1/2″ from bottom of card.
- The second horizontal Basic Black layer is 1 7/8″ x 4 5/8″ with a DSP layer 1 3/4″ x 4 1/2″ attached with adhesive. Attach these two layers to card front about 1/2″ from top of card and overlapping the first two layers.
- The last Horizontal Basic Black layer is 1 7/8″ x 3 1/8″ with a DSP layer 1 3/4″ x 3″ attached with adhesive. Wrap a piece of seam binding around the left end and attach to back with adhesive. Attach these two layers to card front about 1/4″ from the bottom.
- On a scrap of Thick Whisper White stamp the elephant with Basic Black. Cut out with whatever circle punch or framelit. This one is 2 1/2″ round. Dampen the image with water from an Aqua Pen then use ink from lid of Smoky Slate. Leave some areas with no color. Come back and darken areas indicated by designer’s shade marks. Add a little Melon Mambo lightly to the cheek area. Awww… I have cut fun foam with same framelit and glued to back of the elephant then to the card.
- If your balloon is dry, pace where you want it and dry a line to trunk and add a small bow with a journal pen.
- Stamp your banner punch and sentiment on scrap and punch. I used the Melon Mambo marker to color stripes. Add to card front with dimensionals.
- Make loops with seam binding and tie in center with Linen Thread. Add over previously place seam binding with glue dot.
- Inside there is a Basic Black layer 3″ x 4 1/2″ with a 2 7/8″ x 4 3/8″ piece of Whisper White attached with adhesive. Stamp sentiment in Basic Black and add heart with Melon Mambo. Attach to inside of card with adhesive.
I do love this little card…wish somebody would have a little girl so I could send it out. Seriously though, I think this card could also be used for a birthday…you having one?
Hope you enjoyed seeing products from the new catalog used on this little card. This is such an exciting time of the year!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Oh my goodness this is so true…what would we do without our girl friends?
I’m inky…and HaPpY!