This card was made for a Can You Case It Challenge #45 called “Thanksgiving Clean & Simple”. You know clean and simple is HARD for me…I like layers and bling and linen thread and bows…
There is a real genius in making clean and simple cards and I’m glad to participate in these challenges to drag me out of my box sometimes. Here is what I came up with…
Used my favorite stamping technique…masking. There is just magic in taping off an open area and stamping, splatting and spritzing like crazy then removing the tape for a crisp and clean image. There may be hope for me yet.
Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Watercolor paper and Blackberry Bliss cardstock
- Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive and Tangelo Twist plus Memento Black
- Stamps: For All Things
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Washi or Painter’s tape for masking, Dimensionals
- The Blackberry Bliss base card is cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The watercolor paper is 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Tape the edges of your watercolor paper to leave the clean margin you want. Stamp the leaf with one of the colors and spritz the stamp with water before stamping. Finish stamping with this color.
- Clean your stamp and move to the next color and repeat with spritzing before stamping.
- Mix water with some reinker, I used Blackberry Bliss here, and tap the brush on your finger over the watercolor paper. Use as much or as little as you like.
- You can dry with your heat gun.
- Remove the tape for the magic to happen!
- Adhere the watercolor paper to the card front with Dimensionals.
Now that’s a clean and simple card to me and I actually really like it. So glad you stopped by my blog today. I hope you’ll give this technique a try…pretty sure you’ll like it.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hope your fingers are inky like mine…then I know you are HaPpY!