Do you challenge yourself sometimes when you are stamping? I needed three “thank you” cards and three “thinking of you” cards. The challenge was to use one stamp set for all the cards. Are you laughing?
Right. Well, I started off well enough. I knew I wanted my card base to be Sahara Sand (my favorite neutral) and I wanted to use my new DSP Flashback so my color selection came from there. But then I couldn’t find a “thinking of you” and went through all my stash so that took a second set, my original set was going to be Choose Happiness so I could Blendie color the flower, but then the starburst in Kinda Eclectic seemed just right and the dots and leaves…well, you see what I mean. I ended up using four stamp sets and here is what I came up with…
With a little Linen Thread (of course!) some sequins here and there and Crystal Effects on my “fussy cut” bloom…ahhhh, I’m so happy with it! Here is all the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Sahara Sand, Basic Grey and Very Vanilla cardstock plus a scrap of Whisper White for the flower so the colors will be bright, Flashback DSP.
- Ink: Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Pear Pizzaz, Sahara Sand
- Stamps: Kinda Eclectic, Choose Happiness, Gorgeous Grunge, Whimsical Words (sentiment for thinking of you)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Crystal Effects, Sequins
- Base card of Sahara Sand is 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The first layer of DSP is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The Basic Grey layer is 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″
- The Very Vanilla layer is 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- Stamp the Sunburst in Crushed Curry, the sentiment in Sahara Sand and the leaves in Pear Pizzaz three times without re-inking
- Stamp the dots border twice without re-inking in Coastal Cabana
- Stamp the flower in Memento Black on Whisper White and color with the two lighter shades from Cherry Cobbler and the Peachy color from the skin tones for the light shade. Then “fussy cut” and cover with Crystal Effects. You have to set this aside to dry for a loooonnnnngggg time. You can speed it up with the heat tool, but be careful not to over heat. Do you think I waited the long time? Nope.
- Attach the flower when it’s dry with dimensionals, splatters from Gorgeous Grunge, the sequins with Tombow and criss-cross the Linen Thread all on the Vanilla layer before attaching with adhesive to Basic Grey layer.
- Now attach the DSP layer to the base card and the “gussied up” layers to the card with dimensionals.
Don’t forget to stamp your envelop to coordinate with your card and you can even line your envelope too! I love SU! products…
I’m not kidding…I do love all the coordinating products and my job. I get to play all the time and call it work. And meet great people who turn into stamping peeps with me. Come and join me!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hibernating in my studio!
Had a class today so I’m very inky…and HaPpY!