It’s the time of year for lots of thank you’s to go in the mail…I’m old fashioned that way. No email or facebook thank you for me. Besides with all the wonderful product available with SU! and the fun making them, it just makes my heart sing.
Our holidays from Thanksgiving through Christmas are filled with sweet memories and now it’s time to look forward to 2015. I love clean slates and new beginnings where everything is possible. Since I shared with you last year that I pick a word for the coming new year (2014 was kindness), I will share my word for 2015…Courage. My intention is to apply that word to every aspect of my life. In addition I set an “intention” (not a goal) to improve my mind, body and spirit. It’s a balance I’m looking for…which in life can be difficult but it is possible.
Do you make changes with a new year? Want to come along and pick a word for the new year? Leave me a comment and tell me you word for 2015. Whatever you do to start a new year, I’m sending you wishes for happiness and good health.
This card was made to enter the Mojo Monday MOJO378 Challenge…you can check out the challenges at mojomonday.blogspot.com. Here’s the sketch…
Here’s the card…
This card measures 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ but will still fit in the A2 envelope with a little wiggle room. Here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Whisper White, Early Expresso, Pool Party and Crushed Curry cardstock plus Best Year Ever DSP
- Ink: Early Expresso, Pool Party and Pear Pizzaz
- Stamps: Painted Petals
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/2″ Circle Punch, Linen Thread, Decorative Dots EF, Small Dot EF is retired 🙁
- Cut the Whisper White base card 3 1/2″ x 11″ and score at 5 1/2″
- The Early Expresso layer is 3 3/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The DSP banner is 2″ x 4 1/2″, flag one end
- The Pool Party banner is 1 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, flag one end and run through Big Shot to emboss
- The Crushed Curry layer is 1 1/2″ x 3 3/8″ wrapped with a crisscross of Linen Thread then attached to card front
- Punch out the Pool Party layer with the Scallop Circle Punch
- Punch out the Whisper White layer and stamp the flower then the sentiment, adhere to scallop circle with adhesive and to the card with dimensionals
I like how this slimmer card looks and at it opens from the bottom. Something a little different for the new year.
You have my personal invitation to come and join my creative group. We have so many fun plans for the coming year as we all grow together. Have “Courage,” do something different this year…
Here is your “B-ism” for today…
This list was posted by Janet Wakeland and I just loved it…hope you do too!
Inky fingers…will make you HaPpY!