This is the cleverest idea I found on Sam Donald’s blog from the UK and I just had to give them a try. She is so nice to give the measurements…thanks Sam!
These little tiny gift bags measure 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″. What’s inside is a secret because they are meant for my stampin’ peeps for Christmas, but this bag was the perfect size for what’s inside.
Here is the bag…
These little jewels are pretty fast to make and would make a great container for so many little things for Christmas…I’m thinking jewlry, bling…little things like that. Would you like the Stuff ‘N Digits? Here you go…
- Paper: I’ve used the Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper (the size is perfect)
- Ink: Old Olive and Real Red
- Stamps: This is the PL set Holiday Cheer
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: White Organza Ribbon, hole punch for ribbon, 1″ circle punch and 1 1/4″ scallop circle punch and sticky stripe tape
- Cut your DSP to 4 1/2″ x 6″
- On the long side score at 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- On the short side score at 1″ and 3 1/2″
- Burnish all score lines with bone folder
- Cut on both long sides from the edge to the first score line.
- Place sticky strip along one side and one bottom flap. Fold up and attach one side and the two bottom flaps.
- More sticky strip on the other side and fold together.
- Now pinch the sides and top together and punch a hole through both sides at the same time.
- Thread one end of your ribbon from front to back, over the back edge and through the front from inside the bag. Now you have both ends at the front and can tie your bow. Clever!
- Stamp, punch and adhere you little tag.
Isn’t it cute?
I’ve made so many of these I’m pretty sure I could do this in my sleep. Hope you are inspired to give this a try and have been inspired by something you’ve seen here today.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Hope you are inky…and HaPpY!