Do you need so many thank you cards after the holidays? It’s taken me four days to finish making all that I needed. Now to get them in the mail tomorrow…
Last week I posted a card and called it Old Technique, New Look. Today I’ve taken that technique just a little further for today’s post…
So this is the bleaching technique again, but I’ve gone back in and colored the leaves and added a Wink of Stella to the petal. Even got the sparkle to show in the photo although it’s much more sparkly in person and looks very antique(y). The card base is from last month’s Paper Pumpkin because by the time the box arrived, my Christmas cards were finished. Sure came in handy for this card!
Here’s the Stuff ‘n Digits for you…
- Paper: Base card Paper Pumpkin, Whisper White and Early Espresso cardstock plus Designer Series Paper from Love Blossoms Paper Stack
- Ink: VersaMark, Pear Pizazz and Certainly Celery
- Stamps: Birthday Blooms and Going Global (sentiment)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Black Embossing Powder, Aqua Painter and Linen Thread
- The base card is 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The vertical Whisper White layer is 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- The DSP layer is 2 1/2″ x 5″ attached to Whisper White layer with adhesive. Wrap Linen Thread several times at bottom of these two layers before attaching to card front with adhesive.
- The horizontal Whisper White layer is 3 1/4″ x 4″
- The flower is stamped in VersaMark on the 3″ x 3 3/4″ Early Espresso layer, sprinkled with Black EP and heated. Using an Aqua Painter dedicated to bleach, color all petals and leaves. Heat it with heat gun if you can’t stand to wait for it to dry. Go back and lighten the tips of the petals and anywhere else you would like to take away color. Using your markers color with a light and then darker green on the leaves. Add Wink of Stella Clear over all the petals. Attach to horizontal Whisper White layer with adhesive. Add to card front with dimentionals.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White and “fussy cut”. Use your bone folder to break down the fibers and give your sentiment a curl. Add to card front with dimensionals.
Hope your first day of the new year has been productive in whatever way you needed.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Saw this yesterday on facebook from Libby Dyson and just had to share…
I’m soooo inky today…and lovin’ it!