Using white Craft Ink or Opaque White Watercolor on Crumb Cake is a favorite technique. It just looks so nice!
So I’ve paired that thought and put the Waterfront stamp set to use again to make this winter scene…
Love that snowy look on Crumb Cake CS!
A glamour close up…
And, of course, a pretty bow!
Seriously this card could be used for Christmas but it works for a winter birthday or sympathy or thinking of you card too.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock
- Ink: Lemon Lime Twist and Mossy Meadow
- Stamps: Waterfront
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Aqua Painter, diluted Craft White Ink or Opaque White Watercolor, 3/8″ Lemon Lime Twist Mini Striped Ribbon, Linen Thread
- The Crumb Cake base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score, fold and burnish at 4-1/4″.
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- The top Crumb Cake layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Stamp the moon and ground snow first with Opaque White Watercolor or diluted Craft White Ink.
- Stamp trees using Mossy Meadow across front and continue behind first row of trees without reinking so the trees get lighter and lighter in the distance. You can change to Lemon Lime Twist in the background too. I did both on this card. Be sure to get a partial tree over the moon.
- Load up the brush of your Aqua Painter and using the lid, flip the brush so the white goes all over this layer. The Craft Ink takes a while to dry so don’t smear your snow flakes!
- Add the stamped layer to the Lemon Lime Twist layer with SNAIL.
- Add a strip of ribbon around the top of these two layers and fasten with SNAIL.
- Make a bow with several loops then tie center with Linen Thread. Add to card front with glue dots.
- I haven’t placed any sentiment here but probably will when I know where and to whom it’s going.
- The envelope was stramped with fading trees to coordinate with the card front.
Hope all your holiday preparations are coming to an end and you will be able to relax and enjoy your friends and family. If you are traveling like me…safe travels to and home!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
I’m all for twinkling toes!
Come get inky with me and be HaPpY!