The new At Home With You stamp set caught me eye at first look. Why? I love doors…of all kinds. When w travel, I always come home with pictures of doors and sometimes even paint them. Don’t ask me why…it happens!
So this set intrigued me and I was excited to spend a whole day playing with all the different looks you can create with it. It has everything to take you through each season and then some.
Here’s my first try…
I made the door red because my front door is red…of course it is!
You can cut the framelit so the front door opens and offers a message, but you don’t have to.
You can see how this one layers up and check out the brick embossing…
Wouldn’t this card be fun to send to someone new in the neighborhood?
I’ll have several different doors to show you in the next days, but here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for this one…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Thick Whisper White Cardstock, plus Wood Texture Designer Series Paper Stack
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Real Red, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake
- Stamps: At Home With You
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: At Home Framelits Dies, Brick Wall Embossing Folder
- The 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ Crumb Cake base card was scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Wood Texture DSP layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. Run this piece through Big Shot using the Brick Wall EF then attach to card front with SNAIL
- The darker Wood Texture DSP was cut 4-1/8″ x 1″ and attached at bottom of card front with SNAIL
- On scrap Thick Whisper White CS stamp two doors, a wreath, one sign and two flower pots in Archival Basic Black. Cut out with matching framelits. Stamp “congrats” on sign.
- The door was “painted” with Real Red reinker and a small round brush (you could use Aqua Painter) using water and reinker in stamp pad lid. The door frame was “painted” with Crumb Cake the same way. Cut this door with extra framelit so the door will open. Cut door windows with framelit.
- On the second door frame stamp the sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Attach the “painted” door over the sentiment piece with SNAIL. Add door to card front with dimensionals.
- Color wreath and two flower pots with Real Red, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight markers. Add wreath to door with dimensionals. Add flower pot on floor to right of door.
- Stamp door mat on Crumb Cake with Archival Basic Black, cut out with framelit. I “painted” around the edges with the paint brush and some Crumb Cake reinker. Add to card front with multipurpose glue or SNAIL.
- Stamp sign string on door front under wreath. Add “congrats” sign with dimensionals.
- Inside the Thick Whisper White layer is 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. Color second flower pot with markers. Before attaching to bottom right corner with dimensionals, add a small base of Crumb Cake with brush or marker to sit the pot on. Add sentiment in Archival Basic Black at top center. Add layer to inside card with SNAIL
I have loved working with this stamp set. Of course, being a “door” person makes it perfect for me. You’ll be seeing a couple of seasonal doors in the next couple of days…even Christmas!
Hope your “hump” day is special…
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Come back tomorrow and see the next door. In the meantime, stay inky and Be HaPpY!