Shaker cards are the most fun cards to make besides maybe a pop up card. So I took a couple of my favorite things (Woodland Embossing Folder and Leaf Framelit) and made an Autumn Shaker…
I just love the way this card turned out. I purposely didn’t add a sentiment because this card could be used for birthday, Thanksgiving or just Happy Fall Y’all!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Early Expresso and Crumb Cake cardstock
- Ink: Craft White, Early Expresso, Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry and Cajun Craze
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Linen Thread, Window Sheet, Leaf Framelits, sequins (your choice.), sponges and fun foam.
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- The Early Expresso layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- The Crumb Cake layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″, cut the leaf with framelit then emboss with Woodland EF. Add white to trees with sponge and Craft White. Add marks on trees with Early Expresso marker. Add a piece of Window Sheet to the back of leaf opening with Tomboy Glue. Cut a piece of fun foam 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Using the Crumb Cake layer, mark where the leaf goes on the fun foam and cut with framelit. Add fun foam to back of Crumb Cake layer. Add a few sequins to the Crumb Cake layer lying face down, then glue the Early Expresso layer to the back of the Crumb Cake withTomboy Glue. Add all layers to card front with Tomboy Glue.
- Add your “Billie Bow” to the leaf stem. Instructions can be found here.
I’ve been helping one of my team members, Dawn Benjamin, make butterflies for 80 cards to acknowledge families who have donated organs of loved ones. Each card has a double butterfly to symbolize life, hope and change. I doubt either one of us will want to look at a butterfly for a while…
Hope you are planning a great weekend that includes some paper and ink.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Get inky…Be HaPpY!