When I posted the Flower Truck earlier this week, I might have mentioned how much I love that old truck. So today here’s another “old truck” just for us “vintage” girls…
Ha! Who wouldn’t have wanted a truck like that as a young girl?
The “Inside the Lines” Designer Series Paper came in handy here…
Want the Stuff ‘N Digits?
Here you go…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Gray, and Pool Party Cardstock, plus Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black
- Stamps: Country Livin’ and Custom Tee
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Scalloped Oval Dies, Stitched Oval Dies, Hexagon Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder, Water Color Pencils and Blender Pen
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored, folded and burnished at 4-1/4″
- The Basic Gray layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Pool Party layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Run through Big Shot with Hexagon Dynamic EF and attach to Basic Gray layer with SNAIL
- Cut one smaller and one large Basic Gray Scalloped Oval. One Pool Party Scalloped Oval smaller than Gray one and one large Stitched Whisper White Oval to fit over large Basic Gray Scalloped Oval.
- Place the large Stitched Whisper White Oval over the Basic Gray Scalloped Oval with SNAIL and add to card front lower right with multipurpose glue.
- Using the two sentiments from the Custom Tee Stamp Set, stamp sentiment on Thick Whisper White then cut out with small Stitched Oval Framelit. Layer the three smaller ovals together with SNAIL and add to top left of card with dimensionals.
- Stamp truck on Inside the Lines DSP with Archival Basic Black ink. I tried to get that one flower on the door and let everything else fall where it may. Color with Water Color Penciles. Sponge truck body with Smoky Slate lightly. Fussy cut truck. I punched holes in the windows to give me a starting place for cutting them out. Almost cut off that one half tire in the front. Glue this piece to scrap Whisper White CS and cut away edges. Attach to larger oval with dimensionals. Color underneath truck for shadow with gray water color pencil and smooth with Blender Pen.
Isn’t that fun? I know several girl friends who would love this birthday card. Maybe I need to make more!
Yesterday was so exciting to see my daughter who is visiting from Seoul, South Korea, and my granddaughter who just became a mommie… And, of course, Little Henry, (they call him Hank). You just forget how little a newborn is. But no matter, he felt wonderful, snuggly and sweet!
You are looking at “love at first sight!” As time passes, I will try not to bore you with baby pics…but it will be hard!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
But I do know if your fingers are inky…you are HaPpY!