With all the holidays coming up and the beginning of fall plus all the new Stampin’ Up! products in the Holiday Catalog, my mind is working in triple time. Really finding it hard to even sleep that ideas aren’t popping up and keeping me awake.
Here’s one made while lying awake last night…
Isn’t she cute? There’s an equally cute idea floating around for the lil’ guys too. Be sure to check back if you’d like to see that.
The front of the Fry Box Die reminded me of the shape of an owl so she has wings, feathers from the Fan Framelit a little bill of a nose and funky eyes. There are lots of projects made with this die yet to be tried. If you’re interested in this little hoot owl, here are the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Black, Chocolate Chip, Tangelo Twist and Whisper White cardstock. Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper.
- Ink: None!
- Stamps: None!
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Fry Box Bigz L Die, Stripped Scallop Thinlit, Tree Punch, 1/2″ & 3/4″ circle punch, several sizes of flower punches (your choice), Tangelo Twist 3/8″ stitched satin ribbon and pearls.
- Cut the Crumb Cake cardstock with the Fry Box Die to make box.
- Punch stripped DSP with Scallop Circle Punch and cut in half for wings.
- Cut Scallops with Stripped Scallop Thinlit for chest feathers.
- For nose use the Tree Punch and Tangelo Twist. Place the cardstock in just the top portion of the punch for nose.
- Punch black and white circles for one eye.
- Using varying sizes of flower punches and the Motley Monsters DSP layer up a flower for the opposite eye.
- The pearl eye centers were colored with darkest brown Blendability Pen. You could also use Permanent Black pen.
- Once assembled fill a clear pocket with treats and tie with the Tangelo Twist ribbon.
These would be perfect for those special Trick or Treaters on Halloween Night. I plan to use one of my studio labels on the back so parents will know where the treats came from and just maybe entice a new stamper or two. You never know!
What can you make with this little Fry Box?
Here is your “B-ism” for today…”Don’t wait for opportunity…Create it!”
Yep, I’m really inky…and REALLY HaPpY!