So today I guess I’ll jump in like Hobby Lobby and Michaels who have had their Christmas, Thanksgiving and Halloween decorations up since the middle of June and show you a few Christmas card ideas…
Hope you don’t mind.
Love the traditional look of this one.
Lots going on with this single layered card.
and a peek inside!
I haven’t done this technique in quite a while and really enjoyed putting this card together in these traditional holiday colors.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- Ink: Early Espresso, Powder Pink, Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive, Soft Suede and Baked Brown Sugar (retired, you could substitute Crumb Cake)
- Stamps: Good Tidings and Sheet Music Background
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Black Micron Pen or Journaling Pen, Post It Notes, sponge
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The top front layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″. Add Post It Notes to create border. Stamp holly in Lemon Lime Twist and Old Olive. Stamp berries in Powder Pink and Real Red.
- Using sponge create background color. Add music notes in Soft Suede.
- Remove Post It Notes and stamp sentiment in Early Espresso in top left corner.
- Add freestyle border with Micron or Journaling Pen.
- Inside the technique was repeated using the smaller holly stamps.
This is a flat card with a lot of interest…but no extra postage!
I love the look of this technique and if you have never tried it, I hope you’ll give it a go.
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
yep, so go for it!
Come get inky with me…be HaPpY!