Yesterday I said wedding season is coming and we need to be prepared…but Father’s Day will also be here before you know it.
And the Nailed It stamp set comes to the rescue with all those cut tools…so today’s post is a pair of jeans with some tools attached and a message on the pocket…
Check out the close up…
A retired background stamp called Netting was used to give texture to the jeans. And how about that tag on the pocket?
and here you can peek a bit inside.
Did I have fun making this card…yes!
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Dapper Denim, Thick Whisper White, Real Red, Kraft and Silver Foil Cardstock
- Ink: Archival Basic Black and Dapper Denim
- Stamps: Nailed It and Netting (background)
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Journaling Pen (for stitching), Build It Framelits Dies, Urban Underground Washi Tape
- The Dapper Denim base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″.
- Stamp card front with Netting Background stamp or substitute any stamp you have to give texture to jeans in Dapper Denim.
- Cut a piece of Kraft Cardstock 3/4″ x 4-1/4″. Attach 1/2″ from top of card front with SNAIL
- Cut two 1/2″ x 1-1/2″ pieces of Dapper Denim. Add background texture and stitch lines on sides with journaling pen or Micron Pen. Attach over “belt” with SNAIL.
- Cut a piece of Kraft Cardstock 3-1/4″ x 3″. On the 3-1/4″ side mark the center with pencil. Mark 1″ up on each side and use these points on your trimmer to make the point of the pocket. Lining up the center point with the side point.
- Add stitching around three sides of pocket with journaling pen.
- Stamp sentiment in center with Archival Basic Black
- Add Washi tape “tag” to left side of pocket.
- Cut a piece of Kraft Cardstock 1-1/4″ x 2″. Add stitching to both long sides and fold in center. Attach to right side of pocket with SNAIL or multipurpose glue.
- Add pocket to card front with dimensionals.
- Cut one hammer, one wrench and a screw driver from Silver Foil. Cut one hammer handle and one screw driver handle from Real Red Cardstock. Attach handles with multipurpose glue.
- The hammer is attached with dimensionals after sliding through holder. The wrench and later the screw driver were attached with SNAIL inside the pocket.
- The inside of the card has a Thick Whisper White layer 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ with a band of the background stamped at the bottom in Dapper Denim.
Love how this card turned out. Remember the kitchen apron posted late last week? I used that same template and created a work bench apron using the Kraft Cardstock. I hope to post that the first of next week.
Hope you enjoyed this post and feel inspired by what you’ve seen. Remember Friday is the last day of Sale-A-Bration!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
If you’re inky…you’re HaPpY!