Today’s post is a project we will be making in class today. The new color Berry Burst Reinker was used to water color the rose from Graceful Garden a couple of the new Embossing Folders for texture in the background.
I’m pretty stoked with the way it turned out and can’t wait to see how the class will respond to this card…
Isn’t that color delicious!
Reinker dropped on wet water color paper with White Embossing is so easy!
Did you notice the background texture?
This card went together in a snap. The longest time was spent “fussy cutting” that rose and the embossing made that easy too.
Here’s the Stuff ‘N Digits for you…
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, and Berry Burst Cardstock plus water color paper
- Ink: Archival Basic Black, Berry Burst, Old Olive plus White Craft Ink
- Stamps: Graceful Garden
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon Berry Burst, White Embossing Powder, Layered Leaves Embossing Folder, Ruffled 3D Dynamic Embossing Folder
- The Thick Whisper White base card is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored, folded and burnished at 5-1/2″
- The Berry Burst layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″ embossed with the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder and attached to card front with SNAIL
- The Thick Whisper White layer is 2-1/8″ x 5-1/4″ embossed with the Ruffled 3D Dynamic Embossing Folder. Tie Berry Burst Ribbon around the bottom of this layer and attach layer to left side of card front with Dimensionals.
- Stamp rose with White Craft Ink on water color paper, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat.
- Wet the entire rose flower and with a wet small round brush, drop Berry Burst Reinker color in a few places. Let the paper do its magic and add more color if needed. Follow same instructions for coloring the stem and leaves with Old Olive Reinker. Let dry. Fussy Cut and add to Ruffled layer with multipurpose glue. With Thin Tipped Glue add “dew drops” on the rose petals. Be patient and let this dry!
- Stamp sentiment in Archival Basic Black on scrap Thick Whisper White. Add leaf stem in stamped off Old Olive. Trim to 1/2″ x 1-1/2″. Tag one end with snips. Add to card front with glue dots.
I can’t wait to see what the girls will create tomorrow!
Here’s your “B-ism” for today…
Stay inky…be HaPpY!